Chapter thirty one

I blinked in surprise as I heard the knock ring through the house. A visitor? But who could it possibly be? In all the time I'd been staying here it didn't seem like the two boys knew anyone else who would come to visit. My brows drew together as Yuto called out from down the hall, "I'll get it!" From my place at the other side of the room, I watched curiously as he scurried to open the door.
I didn't even have to peer out to see before the visitor stepped in.
Yuto's eyes widened in time with mine.
It was... A woman? And not only that... She was beautiful.
Yuto blinked at her. "K-Kyoko...?"
The woman gave a ridiculously perfect smile. "Good to see you, Yuto~" she cooed.
I was at a loss for words. Just who was she...? Neither Yuto or Sora had mentioned knowing a woman before...
Before I could open my mouth to speak, Sora stepped into the room, looking just as shocked as the rest of us.
"... Kyokー?"
"SORA!"
My heart almost stopped as she called out, bolting across the room to tackle Sora, sending them both crashing the floor, the strange girl on top of him.
"I've missed you!!"
I found it hard to swallow. She knew him..? Pretty well from the looks of it...
Somehow that made my stomach twist...
Sora, on the other hand, didn't look fazed. "Kyoko? What are you doing here??"

"What do you mean?? You know I had to visit! We ARE getting married, after all!"

And my stomach dropped.
GREAT.
OF COURSE, OF COURSE HE HAS A FIANCÉE.
RIGHT.
OF COURSE.
WHY DIDNT I SEE THAT COMING.
"You're still on that, huh...?" Sora grumbled, forcing her off and standing, dusting himself off.
"Of course!" She giggled for only a moment before I caught her attention, and her attitude changed in a split second.
"... Who's this?"
I gulped. Something tells me I should just stay quiet.... Sora turned to me. "Ah, that's Ayano, she's my new familiar."
The minute I was introduced as merely a familiar, the curvy blonde's personality snapped back to as cheery as before. "Oh, a familiar, I see! You had been looking for another one, huh?"
Her sharp violet eyes lit up. "Ah! Is this the one you had your eye on all this tiー"
"Stop talking."
My blood almost froze in my veins as the atmosphere was shot into one that was hostile as Sora interrupted her. My heart was racing. What was she about to say...?
The hard look in Sora's eye scared me...
But the girl looked undeterred. "Oh, Sory, you're no fun!"
I tried to swallow. Sora was trying to hide something just now... What was it...?
Was it important?
Was it about me...?
I bit my lip. If he was listening to my thoughts I might be in trouble... He seemed really determined to ensure that I didn't know about whatever it was he was hiding. I tried my best to clean it from my thoughts, but you can only do so much.
I could feel his eyes burning me and I tried my best to avoid looking back at him.
Kyoko interrupted.
"So, Sory, your bed's still big enough for two, right~?"
My heart jumped into my throat.
"I was thinking about staying for a bit! It's been a long time since I've gotten to touch you..."
I could feel my stomach lurch at her words, and if that wasn't bad enough, I could see her out of the corner of my eye run her fingers down Sora's neck.
I couldn't take anymore of this... Before I realized it, my mouth was moving and my legs were carrying me away. "I'm, uh, g-gonna make...some...tea...."
I quickly shuffled off towards the kitchen.
Ah...
I made a fool of myself....