Chapter forty three

Noooo! Yuto, I'm so sorry!
Panicked, I threw on my clothes and rushed to go find him. When I came out into the living room, I found him huddled on the floor like a puppy in a thunderstorm.
"Yutooooo....."
I rushed to his side and hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry...! Are you okay...??"

"I saw something I shouldn't have......"

"No, no, it's okay, it's not your fault...!"

Sora poked his head around the corner. "What the heck is going on...?"
I turned to him with my face contorted. "I SOILED YOUR FAMILIAR."

"You what...??"

Yuto was practically sobbing, clutching at me. "Ayano I'm so sorryyyy....!!"

"Yutoooooo...!"

"Ayanooooo....!"

Sora looked freaking confused. "What the heck are you talking about...?"
But this was something I figured he probably shouldn't know about, so I kept my mouth shut. But, of course, my thoughts gave me away.

Certainly not how Yuto saw me in my bra, that's for sure.

I instantly realized my mistake as Sora's face hardened abruptly. "....I see....."
Oh, nah! The last thing I need is another reason for us to have problems! Oh, but he'd already heard, I couldn't take it back...! Surprisingly enough, the thing I was most worried about was what he was going to do to Yuto. Poor Yuto had been through enough...
I held my breath and watched Sora carefully, but he only turned away, walking stiffly back out to the porch. Ah, man...
I was gonna have to go and work that out.
But in the meantime, I tried to look after Yuto and calm him down.
Eventually, we'd managed to smooth things over, and Yuto and I were alright againー we agreed never to speak of it again. Now another quandary awaited...
I sat down on the edge of the bed in our room, deeply contemplating what on earth I was going to say to explain this to Sora. Ah, this was going to be awkward...
What had really caught my attention was the way his face looked after he'd realized what happened. Why did he look that way...? Surely he trusted Yuto enough to know that he meant no harm...
Suddenly I found myself getting nervous. I wasn't sure I could face him if he was making a face like that...
What was I going to say to him...?
I didn't have even a moment to think it over when I heard the sound of the door closing. Turning in surprise, I saw that Sora had come into the room, and even closed the door behind him.
My heart rate spiked. Should I be concerned about this...?
I stood, trying to look at him resolutely. Can't show any signs of being as afraid as I was...
He let out a sigh.
"You aren't in trouble."

"We'll see about that." I was staying defensive, scowling at him. He raised a brow at me. "Why so defensive?"
I didn't answer at first, but then quietly stated, ".... You're upset."
He paused. I went on in a hushed voice.
"... I'm sorry..."
I could feel my heart racing as his face hardened, and he started to come towards me, stopping way too far into my personal bubble.
"Wh-What...??"
Get outta my bubble...!
The look in his eyes as he leaned into my face made my stomach churn. Why was he looking at me like that...? Another expression I didn't even know he had...
My heart only got faster as he started moving even closer towards me. Getting freaked out now, I started backing up. "S-Sora...??"
He was mad, wasn't he?? Oh god, what was he going to do to me...
No matter how much I backed away, Sora kept coming, his stony expression never changing. Finally, I could back up no further, my back hitting the wall. Sora didn't stop, however, moving until his body was barely separate from mine, blocking me with both arms against the wall, leaning into my face.
What the...!
KABE-DON?!
I tried to turn my face away, beet red by now. "S-S-S...?!!"
Then, to my surprise, his face softened ever so slightly. "... Idiot."
I blinked. Wha... How rude...!
What was he...?
Before I could question him, he leaned further still, and buried his face against the side of my neck. My skin tingled instinctively. Ahh...! S... Sora...??
I could feel his breath...
Why was he so close....??
I shuddered as he started to speak in a low voice there against my skin.
"Showing yourself to another man...."
My face burned even hotter. Wait... He....
"S... Sora.....?"
He let out a soft, but deep sound under his breath. "What I wouldn't give to just mark you..."

"M-M-M-Ma...?!"

What did he mean by that??
"D-D-D..." I tried to stutter out. "D-Don't you think... It's a bit s-soon for that...??"
Already claiming me like some kind of territory?? I had just confessed last night...!
He snorted a little.
"Not for me. I've felt strongly for you for close to 13 years."
I bit my lip.
That was true... Who knew what kind of feelings he's been suppressing all those years...
I found myself feeling guilty. He'd been so patient... And yet, I...
I quietly reached my hands up to lace gently in his hair. "... I'm sorry...." I murmured.
I was making him wait so much...
He let out a soft rumbling soundー which I like to call a purr, by the wayー before starting to speak up again.
"I don't mind waiting for you," he murmured. "But there is one thing I ask."

"... What's that...?"

He pulled away to look me in the face. "Don't be showing your bra to other guys."
I scowled at him, blushing profusely. "What do you mean 'other guys'?! I won't be showing you anytime soon either, mister!"
He laughed heartily.
"Whatever you say."
Smiling at me, he leaned down to kiss me softly once.
Unable to hide my embarrassment, I looked away. "....pervert...."
But Sora just smiled.