Part 2

- Madison’s point of view -

I shifted my gaze to the side breaking the intense eye contact we had just created. Never had I ever felt something like that before, it literally came out of nowhere.

It took me about half a second to figure him out and I knew right away that I wasn’t going to let it go.

His skin was somewhat tanned, she was wearing a black snapback with a plain white t-shirt along with a pair of faded jeans and some red shoes. I repetitively scanned him from top to bottom trying to get a grip of myself; he can’t be the new neighbour.

I continued walking just getting closer and closer, my heart beat accelerating by the second. I watched as he hoped into the back of the moving truck getting what I figured was more furniture right before passing him completely, I couldn’t see anymore.

I didn’t bother looking back either because I knew he was looking, I could literally feel his stare.

Taking in a breath, I tried clearing my mind as I rubbed my temples not wanting to think about this. I couldn’t. I was already going through too much, I couldn’t possibly add upon that.

Finally reaching Emma’s house, I knocked onto her door as I awaited permission to step inside.

"You could’ve just walked in, you know." She said opening to door. I bit the inside of my cheek wondering why I hadn’t done so, I guess I had just forgotten. "Let me just get my stuff and we’ll get going."

"What are we doing anyways?" I questioned stepping inside the familiar home.

"I don’t know," She shrugged walking to her living room "Shopping mall I guess."

"What do you mean you guess?"

"It’s Sarah," She chuckled "She said she wanted to go to the mall with us, all of us." I nodded not thinking anything more of it. I never questioned Sarah’s decisions because with her, you never knew.

I stood there waiting for her to gather all her stuff up and all I kept thinking about was the previous events. I couldn’t get it out of my head and I hated that, I hated that I even looked at him, I hated it. And the worst part? I knew that he wasn’t going to leave my mind, there was no way in hell even though I desperately wanted it to.

"Okay let’s go." Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

Following closely behind, we made our way to her car as I plopped myself into the passenger seat obviously taking dibs on everyone else.

"So we’ll go pick up Cameron first then we’ll meet up at the mall with Sarah, Jackie and Ryan."

"Isn’t Aaron coming?"

Emma shook her head "Apparently he’s out with some girl, I don’t know."

Revving up the car, we drove a good five minutes until it came to a complete stop in front of Cameron’s house. The surroundings were rather quiet but it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary considering it was still early enough in the morning.

We waited and waited and waited but still, no Cameron.

"Did you tell him we were coming?" I asked leaning my head against the window.

"Of course I did," She huffed taking her cell phone out "We wouldn’t be here if I had told him otherwise."

Rolling my eyes, I looked out the window while she dialled what I guessed was Cameron’s number and literally seconds later, he was running out the door. I smiled loving the fact that he was so lost, it was adorable.

"Shit," He said opening the back door "I fell back asleep, I’m sorry."

Once he was settled in, we made our way to the mall where all of us were meeting up. The mall was rather empty except for the few old people shopping around here and there.

Emma took a seat on this vacant bench as I just stood there needing to get rid of my thoughts. Every day was literally the same thing and by this time, everyone knew about it so there was no questioning my quiet behaviour. It was becoming a habit and I needed to stop that.

Suddenly, a pair of familiar arms snuck around my waist right before a sweet kiss was placed upon my cheek making me smile like an idiot.

"I forgot to tell you good morning today." He stated the obvious.

"It’s okay, Cameron." I rubbed his arm back and forth "Don’t worry about it."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrugged "Same as usual."

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah" I whispered suddenly feeling a whole lot better. Cameron always had the trick to make my mood change within literally seconds and that’s what I loved. He was so caring and sweet, he was like the brother I never had yet he was my best friend that I could tell anything to.

Yes, we sometimes acted as if we were a couple but for us, it was totally normal and it sure wasn’t anything out of the ordinary for our friends either.

Familiar voices were soon heard from afar as I brought my head up just to see none other than Sarah, Ryan and Jackie.

I smiled to myself knowing that we were all together because this right here, this was the only thing that kept me going; my friends. If it wasn’t for them, I have no idea of where I would be at the moment. They’ve always been there for me as I’ve always been there for them and that’s what made us so close, what made our bond inseparable.

"Madison!" She chirped giving me this enormous hug. I laughed in return basically squeezing her to death before we started walking around just talking.

* * *

When it eventually got boring and we had nothing else to do, Emma dropped me back off at my house while everyone went back to Sarah’s. I didn’t want to go though, I needed time to myself.

Normally, I would always hang out with them but today was different, I wasn’t feeling it. I was already tired thanks to the moving truck from this morning and to be quite honest, I needed a break. I needed a break from life in general and surely enough, that wasn’t even close to possible. If I could rewind back to the past year or so, I would but of course that wasn’t possible either. I spent so much time reminiscing and mourning over the past that it wasn’t healthy and slowly, it was killing me on the inside.

I was broken.

I constantly impatiently waited for that day where I would wake up and everything would be better but it wasn’t coming. I prayed that how I felt would go away but we all know that feelings don’t go away in a blink of an eye I mean yes, they fade away but mine, they weren’t.

Every day was a struggle to hold back the tears and I absolutely hated doing so. I would often just cry myself to sleep because truthfully, that was the only way I actually managed to sleep.

Sighing, I walked out the door with my phone putting on some music and of course to my luck, Stay by Rihanna and Mikky Ekko began playing. As it played, I listened to every single word that was sung feeling the emotion hidden behind it all. I had gotten so lost into the song that I had totally forgotten where I was or even what I was doing, it was like I had blacked out for a second or two but it came as no surprise; music would often do that to me. It was an escape from the world and it would usually always cheer me up whenever I was down.

Key word: usually.