Part 8

- Austin’s point of view –

I didn’t like the fact that Madison seemed uncomfortable with the situation I mean, when I asked her if she was busy tonight it wasn’t on an intentional matter to make her feel that way... I just thought that maybe, you know.

I honestly didn’t even know how to act around her at this point.

Was I supposed to act as if I didn’t care? Was I supposed to comfort her if ever she got upset? We’re we supposed to even talk?

It sounded real stupid but I simply just didn’t know. I’ve never experienced nor done something like this before so everything was brand spanking new for me. I guess I would just have to go with gut feeling considering that it’s always worked for me in the past.

All day, I spent wishing that the hours would go by faster so that I could see her again. I simply laid on my bed thinking everything through for the second time.

Yesterday, shortly after she left, I thought about what had just happened. It all seemed like a blur even though at the same time it was clear as day; I remembered every word that was spoken, every detail that was done, every single feeling that was felt. I couldn’t ignore all of it even if I tried. My whole body was running under adrenaline and in all honesty, I was kind of shaken up. But of course, that eventually passed.

All I knew was that from that day forward, things were going to be different. Things were going to be turned whether it was for the best or the worst. But I was up for that. After all, I am the one who proposed the whole thing.

Being left on that thought, I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my Twitter feed.

- Madison’s point of view -

Opening up my bedroom door while looking at the mess I had managed to create, I shook my head not wanting to deal with it at that précised moment. Stuff was all over the place. Ignoring everything that stood before my eyes, I flopped down on my bed and blankly stared up at my white ceiling.

I had just finished eating up supper and I didn’t really have anything to do considering that the teachers, miraculously, hadn’t given us any homework for the weekend so here I was staring at the most boring piece of wall in my room.

Suddenly, I remembered something.

I remembered that I told Austin I was coming over tonight. It didn’t bother me as much as it did this morning but I was kind of uneasy. I had to get this over with because if I didn’t, this whole thing could never work.

All those feeling, I had to put them in the back of my head and not think about them because this, this was not about feelings and I couldn’t possibly afford to have that in my way.

If I would let them get to me, that would just make me vulnerable around my friends and I would definitely be showing some kind of emotion which I absolutely didn’t want. After all, it is a secret.

So with that said, I decided that from now on, from this exact moment, I was going to be no longer that girl that showed her emotions. No longer that girl that everyone could read like a book. Maybe it was going to be hard but I was up for the challenge. I would try everything in my power to make it happen because it needed to be done.

I knew that it could possibly change who I was but it was for the best. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I’m going to be turning into this heartless monster, far from it, actually. I’m just saying that my feelings, they won’t be priority any longer.

Grabbing my cell phone, I made my way down stairs and started to head to the boy who lived just a few houses from mine. I have to start somewhere, right?