Be born again

I like to believe that everybody is born perfect.

In a baby's tiny fingers, innocent smile and bright eyes there is no darkness, no judgement and no fear.

When you are born, it's like you are a white sheet of blank paper. Or more like a book. From the very moment you become a part of this earth, you start writing your story. 

But your story always begin with nothing. 

Your story begins with accepting the colors around you, not knowing their names. You accept the woman who's face you see first and you later start calling "mom".

You accept the face of the man who's standing next to the woman, looking at you. Most of times, as if you're the biggest miracle he's ever seen in his life.

You accept everything and everyone, except for when you don't get your milk or your diaper has to be changed.

When you are born, you are the true definition of care-free. You don't know what the word "problem" means. 

Your life is going to be one big adventure from now on. You will write chapters and chapters on your book, describing people and places and smiles and the look in the eyes of the people you have learned to call your "friends".

But growing up, your story doesn't always goes the way you want it to go. As a baby, you learn to accept everything, because you don't now anything else. You learn to accept that the people that are supposed to hold you closest, sometimes are the ones that push you away. You learn that people can be evil. Very evil. You accept that something is wrong with you, because it's what you're being told and you wish, you deeply wish you were a baby again.

A baby with a different book to write. 

You can never rip out the chapters that make you sad when you re-read them. You can never burn them and you can never start over, because on the pages there's ink and there's no way of erasing that ink.

But you can write new chapters. You can turn parts of you back into a baby and start accepting things all over again.

You can change your opinion on everything. You can learn to see some parts of you and the world as a baby. Accept people for the way they are. See the world in a different way. 

There's always parts of you that can be born all over again.

- Kyran