Chapter 5- First day at high school

I was having a nice nap when the flight attendant woke me up to put on my seat belt as the flight was ready to land. Following her instruction, I put my seat belt on and rubbed my eyes. Finally. I tried everything I possibly could to not be where I am but guess what? I failed. And here I am waiting for my flight to land. At the JFK runway.

"Ladies and gentleman we are prepared for landing." The pilot's voice cracked through.

Here goes nothing I thought to myself.

Once the plane landed and I picked up my baggage from the belt I started to look for any signs of Uncle or Aunt. I saw a man wearing the standard chauffeur outfit holding a sign with my name.

"Uh hey." I said to him.

"Oh Miss Ally?" He asked and I nodded. He hurriedly took the luggage from me and lead the way. Once we reached the car, he started loading my bags in the boot of the car. I was disappointed. I could understand that Uncle would be busy with his office but couldn't Aunt make it? Once all of my bags were in the car, he shut it with a soft thus, proceeding to hold the door of the blue BMW and I sat in.

"I am Max. I am appointed as your personal driver for your stay here. Wherever you may wish to go, tell me. Your school or anything. I will be at your service."

He said looking at me from the rear view mirror. I smiled and said a polite thank you. I continued looking out at the city which I had whole heartedly bid farewell only two months ago. Funny how it could not resist me. It brought me back.

The villa was still the same. I remember coming here for all the Christmas holidays when Dad and Uncle would keep discussing business, Mom and Aunt would keep gossiping and I'd keep playing with Martha, their pet. I wonder if I'd still see her.

Once we pulled in front of the huge gates of the mansion, Max opened the door for me and I got out. I saw aunt approaching us with her arms wide open.

"Oh honey ever since Alex told me you were coming I have been growing restless." She said hugging me. Her smell made me nostalgic. She still wore the same perfume. Her rich satin gown was getting dirty as it brushed on the ground but she seemed too excited to notice. We went in and she showed me my room. It was upstairs. That hadn't changed. It must be really lonely for only two people to live in this grand mansion.

"I hope you like the room. If you are uncomfortable here please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll set up the next room for you." She said with so much care.

"I like it, Aunty." I said. "I've never before had the balcony room and I am absolutely in love with this. Thank you." I said.

She just introduced me to the house keepers and whom to meet for what purpose. She left me to change and shower and I gladly agreed. She was a very humble lady. She never commanded pride over her wealth. Well we differ on that. I've always been the way-too-proud-girl over my belongings.

I called my mom. We had a nice short talk and I slept in the jacuzzi with the aromatic candles all around. I didn't really notice it had been three hours since I was in it.

I changed into my Victoria's Secret pyjamas and went downstairs. Uncle was home when I got down.

"Oh hello there. Seems like we've got a special guest." He said hugging me.

I smiled and we chatted about things. The dinner was served when uncle brought up the despised school talk.

"Its too bad that you have to attend your school from tomorrow. You haven't even been around the house yet. However, I'm guessing you've already met Max. He'll ride you to your school. Are you excited for going back?"