Chapter 18 - "You are staring at a girl, Nathan Hale"

Nathan's POV:

The next day I wake up before my alarm goes off. Too excited I am of course. I get dressed quickly and head downstairs. Mom was just about to leave.

"Oh hey, sweetheart. You are up way too early today. Missing me much?" Now I know where I've got all my charms from. 

I don't notice, but maybe I am smiling too much and mom doesn't miss that out.

"Hmm, blushing boy? A very rare sight and so I must take as much advantage of this as I can. So who is behind all this? Let me guess. The girl who you went out with for an ice-cream 2 days back?"

I shake my head while pouring myself a bowl of cereal.

"Well then maybe it is the your new facebook fan?"

"Nope"

"Then maybe Elisa's cousin who moved in with her the last week?"I hate our neighbour Elisa. That girl is always stalking me, courtesy of our windows facing each other.

"No mom."

"Oh My God don't tell me it is Elisa then. She is too old to be dating you."

"Stop it, mom. You're awful at guessing." She just made me realize how many girls I've had a fling with over the past month.

"Break the suspense for me then. Tell me who is the lucky girl who's behind this smile forming on these pretty cheeks on this warm September morning!" She says pulling my cheeks.

"I've mentioned her earlier. Only in a different sense. And then I thought I may never be able to ask her for a game."

"Are you talking about that new girl?"

I nod.

"Oh my boy! I like your choice. Even though I haven't met her, I can tell she must be pretty well mannered and not a rich spoilt brat" She checks my eyes, making sure she is right. I nod.

"And wait did you just say you are taking her for a game? Really Nathan? You couldn't look for a better excuse? That's what your father did as well. Only he took me to see one and that was quite boring. So I am warning you, your idea might not please her very much. But then of course it is you and not your father, so every thing you do pleases girls." She says with a wink. And then collects her car keys, turning to leave.

"Goodbye Mom."

"Bye Nathan. Good luck." She heads out. "And hey?" She peeps in "Don't mess with her. I don't want a rich man in a black suit standing with a gun on the door when I return." I laugh.

"I won't mom."

"Bye baby" She goes out, her voice drifting away. Today was going to be fun.

~*~

When I arrive at school, I am surprised to see Angie there already. She's normally late. I planned to talk to Ally now to tell her what I had planned for today. But Angie makes that impossible.

"Good morning, Naty. I have a surprise for you!" She says kissing my cheeks.

"Wow?"

"I've got tickets for the movie today and I have also got passes for the carnival downtown. So today after school, we'll be going there!" She squeals. Uh oh. How do I say no to such an excited Angie?

"We'll see about it."

"Aren't you happy?" She pouts. I don't want to hurt her. I cannot. But I don't want to go with her. Not today.