Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to curious4v. She is one of my readers, who's been reading my story from the very beginning and keeps me motivated to update. Thank you for your support. I really do appreciate it. And also, I've typed this entire chapter through my phone which keeps hanging the keyboard and restarting the app so I wouldn't be able to recheck this update. Just in case you guys notice some grammatical errors please skip it and move ahead. That's the reason why this chapter will be a little bit smaller.

Ally's POV:
Candice quickly changes into a faded pair of Jeans and a black denim over coat. She zips up her ankle boots and gives me a crooked smile.

"I feel like I'm a part of some action movie." I comment.

"The action's yet to come baby" She says and quickly disappears out, somewhere downstairs, and returns with a gun tugged in the back of her jeans? My eyes go wide in shock. Is that real? I mean - its a freaking gun!

"Holy shit!" I curse, which is very unlikely. "Do you just have a -a -?"

She understands my question.

"Yeah I do. The police handed it over to us so that if we face any situation, we would be able to defend ourselves."

"Do you even know how to use it?" I kind of laugh at her.

"No I don't." She replies aggressively. Haha I just stabbed her ego.

"Then what is the use?"

"I could probably scare them away. And hey are you here to get me all cheerful and stuff or are you here to make me realise that no matter what, I'm never going to be safe again?" Oh shit. I messed it up.

I stand and walk to her, wrapping my hand around her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Candice. I was just trying to make you laugh."

"You sucked at it"

"Well I'm sorry. Its just that I haven't tried to make anyone laugh. Ever"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes" I say laughing.

"How did your old friends even stand you?"

"'Cause we all were the same. And please don't refer to them as my 'friends'. I've never had any."

"Oooh okay. Anyways, let's go shall we?"

"Yeah. Hey should I call Max if you're not-"

"I'm good." She cuts me off. That's all she says. She seems scared. Hell she will be. If I was in her place, I don't know how I'd have reacted. Its better not to think of it.

When we head downstairs, she tells her brother that she is coming with me and he refuses to let her out of the house. After a loud loud fight, he finally agrees.

"Be home, before it gets dark." He instructs her in a heavy, hoarse voice. I don't know why but I'm so terrified of him that I don't even look at him in the eye. I don't even be with Candice in the same room. I just wait on the porch.