Chapter 27 - "You are always pretty"

Guess what?! I am updating. Hehe sounds impossible. But here I am. Hope you enjoy!

The ride back home was very uneventful. Kate and Candice kept arguing over small things and I stared out of the window, thinking about the night. Thinking about my decisions. Thinking about Nathan. About Jule.

And I'm still doing that. I am lied down on my bed, pretending I'm asleep so that Kate doesn't decide to pull an all-nighter. I pull up the blanket to cover my head and shut my eyes tightly.

I will not think about any of them. I've got loads of other things to worry about.

Next weekend I'll have to fly back to London for the conference. Thinking about it creates a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know why. I don't know why the thought of meeting mom and dad isn't exciting me as it used to. I don't know anything and I'm not going to struggle about getting the answers either. All I know is that I need sleep because if I don't, then I'm going to wake up with beautiful dark circles covering my eyes and I cannot do that.

So I dig my head into the pillow, shutting out my thoughts.

Only 6 more days without him, is the last thought that occurs to me.

~*~

"I like your friends. They're really cool." Kate sits on the bean bag in my room, with her Halloween pyjamas and witch slippers on. God save this girl!

"Hmph" that's all I react. Yes you guessed it right. I'm not liking her bonding with my friends.

"Stop groaning. I was wondering if I could come to drop you off to school..." She trails off.

"No way!" I shout at her.

"Why not? Oh God Al, don't tell me you now have a crush on Max." She rolls her eyes.

"Wha-? Shut up! Do you even hear what you're talking about?" I glare at her and head towards the bathroom in my VS  pyjamas.

And of course she has to follow me inside.

"Al, we're sisters. I know you very well and I can tell, that there is some huge shit going on in that mind of yours, even though I know that being mean is your passion and pissing me off is your hobby." She completes and my mouth falls open. She's much more smarter than what I give her credit for.

"What? My father runs a business as well remember? I can smell when people are hiding things." She says nonchalantly. I smirk.

"I'm confused." I finally say, turning to face the mirror and supporting myself on the sink.

"Confused for what?"

"Argh. The same old things." I splash water on my face. It kind of hits my senses hard. The days are getting cold.

"You know what? Forget someone like Nathan exists. Dedicate yourself completely to Jule. Don't just pretend you're into this relationship, try to actually be in it. Don't give a damn to Nathan. He can just sleep with that girl, what was her name again?"

"Angelina"

"Eww. That's old school. Anyways, so yeah that's pretty much what you should do and right now is really a great time for trying it out since he isn't here to keep popping up from somewhere." She completes, putting her hands on her waist.