Chapter 17 - "Your life is a freaking fairy tale"

Writing this chapter has been such a pain. I wrote it three times and wattpad keeps deleting it. So this chapter is not checked for grammar mistakes as well. If you find it, please skip the errors. Also this chapter is dedicated to one of my lovely readers, in appreciation of her kind words and support

Ally's POV:

After having the huge dinner, with desserts of course, that Manny made us, I was ready to fall in bed and go off to wonderland. But Candice destroys all my plans.

"Seriously Ally, you have nothing to complain about in life!" She says as she falls onto my bed, her head plopped up on her elbow.

"I wish" I reply.

"You wish? God Ally your life is more than perfect. You live in a freaking Disney castle," why does everybody say that? "You don't have to spend your free time at some stinky shoes store and hear all the girls blabber about what kind of shoes their boyfriends love, just to earn those precious dollars, and after earning them you don't have to worry whether you'll save them for your college fees or just give them away for the groceries, not to forget to keep them aside for the millions of birthdays coming everyday. Also you don't have a brother who would get involved in life-threating things and as if it wasn't risky enough for him to get involved, you somehow end up in that mess as well. Haha so exciting! You see, your life is a fairy tale. Even better. Because fairy tales, have those evil aunts and you don't have one and so YOUR LIFE IS A FREAKING FAIRY TALE, even a better version actually!" Somehow while blabbering, she manages to stand up on her knees and then falls back on the bed.

I just let out a weak laugh.

"What?" She asks.

"You think my life is freaking fairy tale, but it is not. Imagine how life would be when the only thing that keeps up in your mind is that how the hell are you going to be ready to take over the biggest business empire within 5 months. You have the life that all the girls in the novels that I read have and then I keep wondering why do they work at this age. You have the perfect teenage life Candice. You have friends who you can turn up to at any time of the day with any of your problems and they would still hear. I've never had any friends. Just people who I used to sit around in school. I don't have free time where I can hear songs, or think about boys or watch movies. I have to do the school homework and when that is done I have to continuously keep evaluating the company's accounts and history to know as much as I can about the company. You have parents, you have a brother no matter what he does, you still have him and at the end of the day, you are still a family who can have dinner around the sweet little dining table chatting and laughing about the day. Where as I am the only one sitting and eating with the 14 chairs empty, because my family and my parents are too busy to see that the empire is not attacked. Its not that I blame them, but sometimes you wish that at least on Christmas, your family would be around and you'll be getting all cozy with the hot chocolate and roasted turkey, or whatever they make, in warm Christmas sweaters in the living room, not locked up in your bedroom, watching a movie on the huge LED screen and use it at least once. Even if you think your life is messed up Candice, I feel its the perfect chaos."

She just smiles at what I said.

"But you still love it." She says.

"I still love it" I repeat, "If I think of it, how amazing is it that I am going to be ruling the empire?"

"Its really cool, Ally! And hey please just employ me afterwards so that I don't contribute to the unemployed sector." I just roll my eyes.

"Why are we talking like we are going to get married tomorrow?" Candice shouts up. "Let's play Confessions!"