Chapter 20 - "I am sorry if I hurt you Ally"

This chapter is not checked.  Typed in a bit hurry, you see. Let me know if there are any errors and I'll fix it up. Enjoy!

"If I was in your place, I'd be shouting everywhere I go and writing it on my walls and posting it to my social networking profiles and everywhere that people see me. Like seriously? You and Nathan Hale went on a date?" Candice starts losing her calm as I tell her everything that happened yesterday. We were in English currently, obviously because that's the only class we share, and her voice made a few people turn back to us. They look ahead again.

"Can't you just shut up? You're attracting attention! I can't risk that you know. Moreover, that wasn't even a date." I whisper angrily.

"It totally was. Like truly Nathan kind. I'm so freaking out just imagining that."

I could not help hiding the smile that was forming on my face.

"Any progress with those mafia people?" I ask, trying to shift the focus away from me. Her face falls and I realize maybe I should have talked about something else.

"Not really. The police are still working with that. They've assured us that we are safe now, with or without their patrolling. It doesn't matter."

"That's good to know."

The bell goes and all of us jump from our seats.

"How did your 'carnival-date' go yesterday?" Of course I had to do something to cheer her up. We are now heading out of the class, towards our lockers.

"It was so much fun. You know there was this one ride where Ross was really terrified to go on, but I pulled him with me and in the entire ride he held my hand sooo tightly, like he was holding on to his dear life. That was so much fun. As soon as the ride came to a halt, he hugged me. Can you believe that? Ross hugged me and you know-" I am no more paying attention to what Candice is saying as my eyes register to the sight in front of me.

Angelina has her hands around Nathan's neck and they are kissing. She is literally wiping his face with her tongue. Eww. I don't know why but maybe I feel a little...

"I can smell jealousy." Yes. That's what I was thinking. Did Candice say that? No wait. NO.

"What? Its nothing like that. It hardly matters you know. I don't give a damn." I say to her.

"Give a damn to what?" I hear Jule's voice and turn around. His blue eyes make me feel better and a smile automatically makes its way on my face. He reflects that with a wink, my heart beat rising. Why is this happening to me?

"Nothing really." I draw off the topic. Jule gives me a confused look, smirking. We start putting books into our bags.

"Are you all set?" Jule asks.

"For what?"

"I cannot believe this! You forgot about the ball?" A familiar voice says from beside me, shutting the locker door with a bang. Wait. Ross really had his locker next to me? Wasn't it supposed to be Hank's?

Whatever.

"Is it tomorrow?" I yell.

"Of course it is. Duh!" Candice joins us. Oh no.

"Looks like you are a real mess these days Ally." Jule speaks up and I feel like I see a little hurt in his eyes. I don't want that.

"Umm yes. Family things." Wow. You are a great liar Ally.

Jule just nods, looking unconvinced, waiting for me to lead as always.

~*~

Myself and Jule are already in the Chemistry lab, with a certain someone late as always. Or maybe he'll decide to ditch it. I don't care. I shouldn't care. But I know I do.