Chapter 7- It's getting better

Once I reached home, I was greeted by Manny, the butler, who informed me that aunt had gone for some shopping and would be around in a while. I was a little upset. I wanted to see her and talk to her about the day. I threw my bag on the living room sofa and headed towards the kitchen. I was pouring myself a glass of orange juice when I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Would you like to have anything, madam?" Manny asked.

"Yes, please. I'm starving!"

"Sure! What would you like? Eggs, bacon, fish?"

"Anything would be fine!"

"Okay I'll get to it right away! Would you like it in your room?"

"Yeah. If I am in the shower, would you please not mind leaving it on the table, covered with a lid? I don't like cold food."

"Of course I wouldn't. Of all the girls I've worked for of your age, you are the kindest."

That was touching. I just smiled and left the kitchen, holding my flannel on my shoulder while Manny excitedly began working on the food.

Throwing my backpack on my bed, I stepped in my shower. Its ridiculous how I always first come for a bath, no matter what the time is or how many times I've already had my bath. The water ran on my back, relaxing my muscles. After quite a few moments there, I slipped on my bathrobe and stepped out. There were three large plates covered with lids on the table. I excitedly plopped on the bed, not bothering to change out of my robe.

After a super tasty lunch, I decided to put on my minions T-shirt and matching PJs. I had started looking so curvy. God! When was the last time I worked out? I couldn't even remember.

Either way I just ignored it and went downstairs. To my surprise, aunt still hadn't returned. Manny asked me if I enjoyed my lunch and I appreciated her cooking skills. It was nearing half past eight in the evening and I knew uncle would be here soon. I heard a car pull over just when I was about to turn on the flat plasma T.V. on the screen. I wondered if anyone uses the home theater anymore.

"Hello sweetie", my uncle cheered happily.

He was wearing his new suit.

"Well hello there. Someone's looking quite handsome and must I add younger." I complimented him.

"Thank you sweetheart," he replied while a staff member was helping him take his coat off and the other carrying his suitcase to his bedroom.

"Your aunt insisted I wear this today. Where is she, by the way?"

"Aww you miss her so much, don't you?" My parents were never that casual around me. They were always too formal. Of course they had their intimate moments to which I was never introduced, unlike my aunt and uncle who were quite jolly.

"Yeah I actually do miss our office-romance. How we always stole glances at each other, during meetings how she always smiled a little. Everything you know"

"Yeah I do. But its too unfortunate she's not home. Don't ask me where she is cause I don't know that either. She was gone already by the time I was home."

"Oh yeah she was talking about visiting her friend yesterday. She called me in the office as well. She's going to stay this night and return back tomorrow morning."

We talked for some time, him discussing about his office deals, the clients and business things. I really enjoyed that. It felt so right to be in these talks. However Uncle brought me back to the so wrong things.

"So how was your first day?"

"Umm it was decent. Better than what I thought."

"Surprising how no one asked you out for a date already."