Chapter 29 - Nothing lasts forever

I call Max to take me home. He said he'd be here in 10 minutes so maybe I should wait by the gate. I'm standing by the gate and suddenly I see a blue Chevrolet pull over. I look closely and then I see a woman, about the age of my mother, get down. She had a doctor's apron on. Maybe she is a doctor. As she comes closer, I can see her beauty. She has golden brown hair with eyes of the same color. When she notices me, she gives me a smile making her pretty dimples come to light. She reminds me of someone. But who? 

"Hello sweetie. Do you by any chance know Nathan?" She asks. I keep staring at her face. 

Oh yes. She reminds me of Nathan. Maybe she is her mother.

"Nathan Hale?" She asks again. Reply Ally, she's waiting. 

"Oh yes. I - I know him." I don't know why I'm stuttering. 

"That's great. This stupid boy, I asked him to wait by the gate. Seems like he forgot again. Would you please not mind doing me a favor? I'm in quite a hurry. Gotta rush back to the hospital you see." I'm not sure whether I should do her a favor.

But before I can make a decision, I hear someone approaching us. I turn back to check who it is and I see Nathan running, coming towards us. His flannel flying lightly with the air, his hair kissed by the sunlight, dancing with the wind. He had rolled up his red flannel and that brought the veins on his arms to view. 

Absolutely hot! 

He comes closer and stops beside me. Seems like he hasn't noticed me yet.

"Sorry, was in my class." He says scratching the back of his neck and then turns left and to the front again and as if it strikes him, he suddenly looks to the left and his eyes pierce into mine.

"Ally? What are you doing here?" Concern written over his face. The sight of him, making my heart sprint.Gosh, someone save me. I don't know what I'm feeling. Am I happy that he is finally here or am I sad that the feelings from which I am trying to run far away are surfacing again.

"Ally!" His mom exclaims making me jump. I look at her confusingly. She said my name as if she knows me.

 "The rich girl?" She asks looking at Nathan. I give him a WTF look and he shuts his eyes.

"Mom please. Not right now." He whispers to her as if I couldn't hear them.

"And Ally, I think you're supposed to be in the class?" Nathan asks me. I don't know what is wrong with me today. All I'm doing is just staring at him like an idiot whenever he talks to me.

"Ally?" He brings me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah? Yes. Yes actually I'm heading home because my head hurts badly. I don't think I'd be able to last an entire day here."

"Oh. Then call Max. Why are you here." He asks me but his mother is looking at him like she wants to say you-know-pretty-much-about-her-business. 

"He's on his way." I say to him and then look ahead to give the two of them some privacy. Of course his mother has a quie a few doubts now that need to be cleared. I keep looking around and then my BMW comes into view. The car speedily reaches the gates, stopping with a screeching sound as Max hit the brakes. That startled all the three of us.

Max hurriedly gets down, tips his hat and opens the door for me. I look at Nathan one last time and see his mother carrying a bemused face. Quite impressed by the BMW it seems. Her phone starts ringing and she excuses herself.

"Take rest. Evening remember?" He says to me. I just nod. 

"Good," he says as I nod, "I'll wait." I smile at him. Though we're still talking, there is something strange between us. It's not like how it used to be. I need to be there in the evening. Hopefully that'd clear all this.