Chapter 42 - Hopes are what we live on

Can I just say that Jule looks SMASHING hot in the picture above?

Saturday, March 18

"Will you please hurry your boring ass up?" Candice shouts over the voice of the DJ playing. Who knew prom could be this much fun. Yeah you heard that right. Right now, we are running amidst the drunk bunch of teenagers, across the gym hall to get outside of it. And if you are wondering that if he ever returned, no he didn't. I have accepted the fact that he was the biggest coward I've known my entire life and hence he doesn't deserve me anyway. It doesn't mean that my eyes are dry when I think of him. No, a tears flow down my cheeks like oceans every time I slip into bed. But its fine. Someday I'll be over him and his memories. I am so happy I have these people in my life who I call friends. I'd seriously be lost without them. But I am not so that's something to be happy about.

"One second!" Shouting back, I hoist my gown over my knees and help myself out of the stilettos. And then, I chase them! With all the power that existed in me, we run across the hall and finally come to the exit. If you are wondering why in the hell are we running, then well, this was the great idea of Miss Candice and Mister Ross. We'd run outside of this building and straight into the crowded streets of this city and keep running around until we get tired of it. Make our last night as a high school student memorable. We'll be graduating tomorrow and so we'll be off to different places. All the 8 of us, Maria, Randy, Hank, Taylor, Jule, Candice, Ross and me, keep pushing through the people who were busy licking each other damned faces outside the exit. We decide the path to take and bringing all of our hands together we cheer for ourselves. As I am about to turn around to start on my path, I bump into the last person I wished I'd meet. No actually I'd rather die than meet her.

Yeah you guessed it right. Angelina Clarke.

"Watch where you're going bitch" she slurped out with annoyance reflecting in her voice.

"Oh, pleasure to bump in you, Miss Gucci Pants" She is never letting go off that name, is she? I roll my eyes, as the memories of our last argument hit me.

"So he left you as well, didn't he?" Angelina had found me across the stands cheering for Candice during the sports week. I wasn't surprised when she sat next to me. I decided to ignore her and keep cheering for Candice and Jule. Yes. Jule had developed quite an interest in sports. Myself and Ross were munching on our popcorn. "Wait what was it? You are the destination and I'm just one of the stops?" She starts laughing and I look daggers at her. "You are the same level as me, Ally. He did the same with you" Her smile disappears and is replaced by a look of pride. No bitch. You have no idea of the moments we've had together. But, I promised myself to not open the Nathan drawer so I wasn't going to argue with her. Some girls sitting in front of us had heard that and instantly turned their heads back. "OMG you were dating Nathan? See I told you she was dating him" One of them shouted, while accusing her friend. "Then you must know why he left" Another one asked. "Is he off to college already? Where is that college?" Damn girls, learn to chill. Ross looked at me in confusion and I gave him a 'don't bother' look. He shrugged his shoulders and got back to cheering Candice. "I don't think I need to explain you anything. So, shut up please" I finish with a forced smile and her eyes widen. I resume myself with the game. "You are so full of yourself. No wonder he dumped you as well. You are the same as me, you whore" She leaves with an annoyed face and I can't help but stare at her retreating figure. How did she have the nerve to say that? Was I the same for him? He never felt all those things that I did?

"Ally? Let's go" Jule's voice drags me out of my thoughts. I realize I'm still standing where I bumped into her, frozen. But she is no where to be soon. Was I that lost in thoughts? I look around us and all of them are gone on their path except for me and Jule.