Chapter 5

Grace's POV

The next day...

When I woke up I checked my phone. Emma still hadn't texted me back. It was so unlike her. She usually responded as quickly as possible and we would text for hours. (I was the reason that her mom resented and got her unlimited texting).

But I couldn't think about it for to long, I had to get ready for church. I got in the shower and quickly finished, then I got changed into a v-neck and a skirt. I blow dried my hair and went downstairs for breakfast.

We had toast, and eggs. After we were done I went upstairs and brushed my teeth then we were off to church.

On the way there I got a text.

You have a new text message!

From: FLASH GORDON

Sorry I couldn't text you back! I was hanging with some other friends... I'll see you at church?

To: FLASH GORDON

Yep! Ttyl.

You have a new text message!

From: FLASH GORDON

Ditto

When we got there I went to the youth building with my brother and my parents went into the church building. As I was coming up the drive way to the building I saw Emma.

And my mouth dropped. Not because of Emma, but because of the person who was talking to her.

Emma Gordon was talking to Brett Farlend. At our church.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Emma's POV

So yesterday I was totally busy.

It was the day that me and some of my friends from my old school would get together and talk. So I got to talk to them about the competition.

Yay.

I had to explain, again, what my score was. I had to endure the shocked looks on their faces, again. By the end it was like a déjà vu moment from lunch at school.

Was I really the only one who looked to the end of the test and saw the small print?

Then throughout the night I had to keep my phone on silent, because we were at a nice place. So I didn't know till the ride home that Grace had sent me so many messages and phone calls. And when I did find out, my phone shut off.

Then to top it off, I needed a good nights sleep so my mom took my phone and charged it downstairs so I couldn't text Grace back.

Overall, I wish last would have been more fun.

So this morning when I got up and ready for the day, I still didn't get my phone back till on the way to church. We got there early so I got to hang out at the youth building with me, myself and I.

Just as I had texted Grace 'Ditto.' I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, darling, fancy meeting you here!" I looked up and saw none other than Brett Farland.

Brett Farland, at my church. And he just called me darling. For the second time, if anyone was keeping track...

He had his hands in his pockets and his hair was spiked up every where. He was smirking at me.

"Surprised?" He asked.

"Yes," I said then realized that must have sounded stupid. Brett grinned.

"Have you been studying?" He asked calmly.

"Not really-"

"Hey, if I had got a 100 Directions I wouldn't study either, but hey," he winks at me, "Nobody's perfect."

Just then I see Grace out of the corner of my eye. She has a shocked look on her face. I smile at Brett.

"You would know," I say then quickly scramble over to Grace. "Do you know why he's here?" I ask her.

"No idea," she says open mouthed.

I nod, and then we both walk into the youth building. Not exactly sure of what we are going to do, but hoping it won't be that hard.