Chapter 29

I don't mean 'Us' like Alison and I, but 'Us' like the other winners.

"It's not that hard," Chris was saying.

"That's easy for you to say, you just grin and everyone's climbing on top of each other to be your friend."

"Come on, Johnston, what's wrong with you?"

We heard a huge sigh along with a response too quiet for Alison and me to pick up. Alison scrunched her nose, disappointed.

Chris was quiet then we heard Forest cry, "don't you dare roll your eyes—" followed by a crash and laughter.

A small smile spread across my lips as I started forward towards the girls' wing again tugging on Alison's arm to get her to come along with me.

"I want to know what they're talking about," Alison said after we had made it through another hallway. "That was juicy news and we missed it!"

"You're starting to sound just as obsessed as Cora," I chuckled which received a shove from Alison.

"Never." She said seriously then laughed along with me.

We parted ways at our doors, we had to pack for a whole week of cameras and press along with the volunteering.

I walked into my room, closing the door behind me. All of our rooms were big, with huge beds in the center and two large windows looking out towards the huge backyard which stretched out for what seemed like forever.

My room was decorated with shades of blue, black and white. The main room had the bed and a desk. There was a small couch by the window for reading. There was a master bathroom on one side of my room where a shower, bathtub and huge sink with at least twenty lights surrounding it filled the space. The towels were super fluffy.

But the walk in closet was my favorite part. It had room for at least ten times the amount of clothes I had brought with from home and bought while here. There were so many shelves for jewelry and shoes it looked like I had brought nothing along.

I grabbed my suitcase that I had brought with me and threw some clothes in it, packing an extra pair of shoes and my flip flops as well. I pulled the suitcase out to the main room of my room and went into the bathroom to grab my toiletries. After squishing everything in my suitcase I checked the clock and saw I still had a bunch of time left. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room, down the hallway and towards the doors into the backyard.

There was a huge garden that had a cool swing under a willow tree that was my favorite place to hang out when we weren't doing anything in the mansion. Plus I didn't think that anyone else knew about it.

Let me tell you, I was so wrong.

As I walked along one of the gravel paths towards the swing, I checked my phone. Rebecca had texted me for updates so I sent her a quick reply telling her where we were going. Grace was wondering what breakfast had been today. I laughed softly, of course she had asked about food. Alison had texted me asking where I was which I just sent a tree emoji. She responded within seconds with an "ah, of course."

That's when I looked up and saw who was already sitting on the swing, the person who looked up and made eye contact with me, the person who I couldn't just walk away from and ignore.

Dang it.