Chapter 10

*SORRY SHORT CHAPTER*

But the movie was long forgotten just minutes after putting it in. There was a sharp knock on the door. Harry gently pushed me up and went to answer it. "Brynn go to the room with the piano now," his voice was urgent, and I didn't want to question him. I quickly went back to the beautiful room. The first thing I did was go back to that picture wall. The hole in the bottom was supposed to be their wedding picture, I realized. How sad. I traced the edges of the empty space with my finger, trying to imagine such pain. I moved on, carefully examining each photo until harry retrieved me.

" It was just the neighbors," he explained, coming back over to me.

"Why were they here?" I asked, still admiring the photo wall.

"They have to come check on me every so often, make sure I haven't drank myself dead yet," he replied. I detected a bit of hatred in his voice.

"Why do they have to do that?" I asked, abandoning the wall to stand by Harry.

"Because," Harry started. "After Christine...I drank all the time. The neighbors would find me passed out in their yard, or mine. One time I thought I could fly and tried to jump off the roof. So they keep their eyes on me,"

I looked at Harry in stunned silence. Then I spoke, my voice shaking. "But you still drink," I said simply.

"Yeah," he said. Then he left me standing alone in the basement, while he went upstairs.

But I still had some unanswered questions for harry. I followed him upstairs. "Who did you think it was?" I asked. His back was facing me, so I didn't know how he was feeling. Suddenly he snapped around and gave me an evil glare.

"None of your concern," he said coldly. "I think you need to go home," and with that he stalked upstairs. I thought he was just calming down or getting my things, but he was upstairs for over an hour. I sat down on the couch in the living room, waiting for him to come back down. I pulled out my phone and texted Kyle. 'Miss you babe xx :)' An it wasn't a lie either. Right now, I really missed Kyle's gentleness and his warm smile. I curled up on the couch awaiting his reply. I glanced up at the TV which was still paused. Why not watch it? I searched for the remote, and put the movie back on. I had forgotten what we were watching, and was happily surprised to find Shrek. It was my favorite movie, and I absolutely loved it! I smiled, then felt my phone buzz. Kyle! "Hey babe, miss you too :) just a few months and I'll see you again." I smiled at his sweetness, and replied, "love you" I looked back up at the movie, watching it intently. Before I knew it, it was over. Sighing I got up off the couch and stretched. I glanced over at the clock and did a double take. 5pm? Harry had been upstairs forever! Was something wrong? I had to go check. But I struggled with myself, not knowing wether to go upstairs, and face Harrys anger at me still being here, or just leave without any closure. I decided that any amount of anger was better than no goodbye.

I lightly knocked on the first door I came too. There was no answer so I moved on to the next. There was a muffled moan from behind it.

"Brynn is that you?" came a raspy voice from behind the door.

"Yes,Harry," I replied. "May I come in,"

There was no answer, so I opened the door. There were beer bottles all over the floor. Most of them were empty, but there was a brand new six pack on the bed. And sitting next to it was Harry, red eyed and worn looking.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting on the bed next to him.

"Everything," he said, laying down on the bed. I could tell he didn't want to talk, so I laid down beside him. I wasn't sure how he would react, but I decided to go for it. I slipped my arms around him and held him close to me. "I love you Harry," I whispered in his ear.