Chapter 11

"You do?" Harry mumbled, flipping around and facing me. "Yes, I do," I said smiling. He smiled too, and held me tighter.

"I love you too Brynn, I really do." He seemed sober, but I couldn't be sure with all the empty beer bottles laying around. "Have you had anything to drink Harry?"

"Not yet, why?"

"I wanted to make sure you were sober," I said simply. There was a long calming silence. Suddenly thunder boomed outside. I yelped and jumped, holding Harry even tighter.

"Relax Brynn, just a thunderstorm. Nothing to be worried about,"

I nuzzled my face into his chest, and squeezed my eyes shut. When the next thunder clap rolled in, I yelped again and tried to bury my face deeper in Harry's shirt.

"I'm scared Harry," I said, a tear escaping my eye. He sat up, so I did too. I could hear the rain splashing against the windows, which was an ok noise. And I could see the lightning bolts against the darkening sky, which was also ok. But everything the thunder boomed I freaked out. I didn't know why either.

"C'mon Brynn," Harry said, getting up off the bed. But I was paralysed. I couldn't move. Harry extended his hand and smiled "c'mon now the thunder can't hurt you," When I still didn't move, he came back to the bed and picked me up, bridal style.

"As long as you have me, Brynn, nothing will ever hurt you," he said, whispering into my ear.

"Promise?" I said, my voice shaking

"Cross my heart," he whispered

He carried me downstairs and laid us on the couch. "Would you like anything Brynn?" Harry asked, headed to the kitchen.

I followed him out there, looking through his cupboards. By the time we were finished we had gathered some Nutella ,some peanut butter, bananas, grapes, chips, cold pizza an Arizona tea. I giggled a little. "Do you think we have enough?"

Harry carried the stuff back to the couch, and I grabbed a fuzzy blue blanket off of the armchair. Harry sat down on the couch and I cuddled up next to him. "What shall we watch to get your mind off this horrid thunder?" He asked, throwing me a cheeky grin. "Anything is fine, as long as I have you,"

He smiled and flipped the tv on. Seconds later another thunder clap rang through the house. Harry held me tight. His words rang through my head again. "As long as you have me, Brynn, nothing will ever hurt you" I believed him. With all my heart. I knew that Harry would stick up for me no matter what. So, I laid my head on his shoulder and gave him a peck on the cheek. He smiled back down at me. "I really do love you Brynn," he said

"I know," I replied "but I love you more,"

The thunder only stayed for an hour, but we stayed on the couch all day. We cuddled up and had a romance movie marathon, but ended with Shrek, my favourite movie. We probably watched it 12 times! Once we finished watching (again) we turned the tv off.

"I'm hungry," Harry said. Just as he said that, my stomach growled loudly. We both laughed. My stomach was hurting, so I must've been pretty hungry.

"Where do you want to go, Brynn?" He said, smiling at me. "Hmmm I'll tell you when I think of it," I said "I'll go change, then we'll leave ok?" I gave Harry a kiss on the cheek, and went upstairs. I came back down seconds later.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I have no clothes here!" We smiled

"I'll drive us back to Ediths," Harry said.

It was hard for me to walk back through the kitchen. I had to walk through it to get to my bedroom. I was re-living those awful moments from earlier.

"It'll be alright Brynn," Harry whispered, squeezing my shoulder. "Why don't you grab all your stuff and you can stay with me?" He suggested.

"That sounds good," I smiled at him.

I finally made it to the bathroom! I had been dying to pee ever since we left Harry's. It was such a relief! Until I saw the stain in my underwear. I had gotten my period, and had no pads or anything. And I had no one to tell except Harry. Can you say awkward?