Chapter 21

After the nurses were absolutely sure that Harry was ready to leave the hospital (even though it was only a few hours) we headed to the other side of town to visit Christine's grave. Harry's face was pale the whole way there, and his hands gripped the arm rest tightly.

"How are you doing Harry?" I asked. He was looking especially pale, and if he passed out or something the hospital would never let him leave with me ever again. 

"I'm nervous," he said, then laughed at himself. "I must sound completely mental, nervous to go meet my dead ex-fiance. Ha you must think I'm absolutely insane," he flashed a sad smile at me.

"No Harry, I completely understand, you have no idea what's going to happen. I don't know how much you remember but-"

"Everything." he said. His face was now flushed with pain. "Everything before and after." He gritted his teeth and was silent.

"Well, whatever happens, know that I love you, okay?" I reached out to grab his hand. He gave it a little squeeze.

"I think I love you too, Brynn." My heart could have exploded right there. The nurse was right. Love like ours doesn't forget. 

When we got to the cemetary, Harry was visibly nervous. If I were in his shoes, I would be nervous too. He stepped out cautiously. He stood at her grave, unsure of what to do. I stood back a ways so he could have his privacy. I knew he needed it. I saw his mouth moving but couldn't hear what he was saying.