Chapter 2.

Chapter 2 Laurette Simpson

“You know, now that my mind is open and more relaxed, I am beginning to doubt your ideas Rosie. Really, what an earth must I have been thinking to have agreed with you” I screeched for the tenth time in the past minute. We had somehow very difficulty escaped the kingdom's boundaries, our heart racing with each step we took. This was the first time I had ever even done anything remotely close to disappointing my father. It didnt feel good. Not at all.

Rosie glared through her small eyes: if looks could kill, I should be dead by now. “You are such a pessimist Lau,” she sighed. “Can you not just for once in your life have some fun?”

“THIS is your definition of fun?” I gasped. That girl was very bizarre.

“No, this is EVERYBODY'S definition of fun, except your highness'.”

“Was that an irony?”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night my dear Laurette.”

“A comfortable bed,” I replied instantly only to realise that again, she was speaking metaphorically.

Wow, I was very behind on these things. Being a princess meant I was required to speak with high standard English lanuage, this obviously meant I unlike Rosie never became familiar with the concept of sarcasm and jokes. In the kingdom, all was serious and grave. The word “joke” rarely even existed.

“We should get going, or we'll miss the flight,” Rosie's voice broke my chain of thoughts as she hastily grabbed her bags and set them loosely on her shoulders. A low whistle escaped my lips. Did I want to do this? Did I want to break free from this life? The answer my head was giving was a No. But deep down, my heart wanted a Yes. In reality, I didnt want to get married at the age of twenty two yet. As a little girl I had dreamt of doing many things in my future, but of course being a princess meant those dreams were never accomplished. Now though, now I had a very good chance. A chance to walk away from all the burden and insecurities and enter a life full of -who knows- happiness and confidence?

“America, here we come,” I whispered to myself.

*.*.*.*

“Excuse me me m'am but you are on the wrong seat,” enquired the voice of the air hostess from Rosie's side. “I'm afraid you'll have to swap seats with your original one.”

“Do you even know who I am?” I asked with sudden annoyance boiling inside me. How dare she treat me that way? How dare she tell ME Princess Laurette Avery Simpson, Englan'd sweetheart. How dare she speak in such manner with me? Did she have no clue what I coul and couldn't do to her position?

“Sorry ma'am but should I?” she asked nervously.

“I'll have you know, I am- OUCH!” I snapped at Rosie as her bony elbow literally dug a hole into my ribs.

Shaking her head in despair and shock, Rosie faked a smile and turned towards the rude air hostess. “I apologise on my friend's behalf, she isnt feeling too good today. Must be the medication, eh?”