Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

“Stupid whore, can't even show up at the right time,” Aiden muttered angrily holding onto the scarlet table cloth viciously. I sighed and looked up accusingly at him through my lashes. What was it with men and their zero impatience? Couldn't he simply resist the temptation of hurting something or someone in this case? For once in my life, I want to go through a man's head. Just to see what they think about to make them this impatient.

“Curse one more time and even I will ditch you,” I muttered.

“Psst, you don't even know the way back,” he smirked, and yet again my traitor heart skipped a beat. How could he look drop dead gorgeous by just smirking? Not smiling, but actually smirking, which may I tell you, looks absolutely horrible on other men. Of course, we weren't talking about any “other” men, we were talking about Mr Aiden Carter. Just my luck to spend my Saturday afternoon with him.

“Wanna bet?”

“I'd rather not, its rude to make the lady pay on the first date,” he winked talking a sip of his drink.

“Well, fortunately for you, this isn't a date,” I shot back.

“We could make it a date if you want to.”

“No thanks,” I replied back, a frown appearing on my face. I knew exactly what he was doing, teasing me. And there was no way I was going to let him win at this own game.

Aiden chuckled, placing his wine glass down on the table. His dark purplish eyes traveled towards mine capturing my gaze. I could see my reflection through his pupils: a simple, plain blonde. That's how I saw myself. Regardless of how much people adored my looks, I knew it was simply because I was the world's sweetheart, the beloved princess, the future queen of England. Joy. I didn't want to go back into that life yet. Like I had promised father, the only way I would go back is after finding love. Ironically, the “love” which I was recklessly searching for stood right before my naked eyes, but could I do anything? Of course not. Would I like to do anything? Hell yes.

“Do I have something on my face?” I muttered subconsciously, touching my face for anything out of ordinary.

“No,” he answered still keeping his focus on my face. “Can't I simply look at you?”

“No,” I scowled crossing my arms across my chest.

“Why not?”

“I don't like it!” I snapped.

“Why don't you like it?”

Jesus Holy Christ! One minute I want to rip out his clothing and kiss him senseless and the next I want to punch him like no tomorrow. “What are you, my personal parrot?”

“If you want me to be,” he laughed winking at me.