Chapter 19

NOT EDITED.

Chapter 19

“Daddy, I'm fine.”

“Yes daddy Rosaline is with me and so is Jason: you mustn't worry.”

“No daddy, so far nobody has recognized me yet: it will remain that way, I assure you. Please have some hope on me,” I begged over the phone.

After getting home at an unpleasant hour lat night, I was literally dead on my feet. Aiden had made us tour probably half of Texas within the space of four hours. That man was crazy. All throughout the exhausting but a dreamy experience of last night, I couldn't help but moan each time my legs trembled in pain. I can safely say I had never walked that much in my life before: being a princess I guess that was one of the perks.

“I trust you Laurette: you're my only reminder of her. Honey I think I have every right to check whether the only reason I'm alive is safe or not,” daddy replied himself sounding tired.

“I'm sorry daddy, I just need some independence. I promise I'm completely fine: believe me daddy, living here, living this far away from my normal life, I have learned a lot already. I just need your support. At the end of the day daddy, whether this works out or not, I belong with you. You are the only man in my life,” I whispered.

“As you are the only woman in my life,” the sound of his magical laughter reached my tears, instantly making me smile.

“I'll keep calling you daddy, but I'm really exhausted right now, so can I take my leave?”

“Of course honey, I sorry for disburbing you. But just know that I have informed the country and the panels that you have left to do an errand on behalf of me. No body has thought of to question me yet but your fiance, I have to say is a very impateint man.”

I sucked in my breath. Fiance? Darn it, that means that daddy still hadn't given up on the whole arranged marriage deal. If only I could get him to agree with me. Not now though, I was still taking baby steps when it came to my father.

“Ah, I-I am going to hang up now daddy, I am feeling immensely sleepy,” I faked a yawn just for more effect.