Chapter 8

Hey!!! Thanks for reading so I uploaded another chapter! ENJOY, Fan, Comment, Vote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a couple of days now and everyone has been bugging me about his boyfriend thing. It was really annoying but it was really the only thing that would partly keep people off my back. I needed someone to play the part. Throughout the day I waited for lunch, as my stomach grumbled because Dean decided to eat an extra serving of food while I got ready so there was no more left.

Finally the bell rang and I ran. When I sat at Chad’s table he stared at me.

“I actually thought girls as slim as you would eat salads but I was wrong.” He said laughing, as I looked at all the food I got. I had two double cheeseburgers, large fries, a frosty, a soda, and a small bowl of jellyfish that Chad later got me into too.

“Don’t make fun of me. I’m so hungry.” I said talking with my mouth full.

“Eww close your mouth! I thought girls were polite too!” he said laughing.

“Well you thought wrong.” I said while dipping a fry in some ketchup.

I laughed at all of his corny jokes and something clicked in my head. I quickly dismissed it but then I started blanking out as the idea kept on popping into my mind. I felt my cheeks warm up and I looked away trying to get rid of the embarrassing idea. Chad had a grip on my chin as he pulled it his way so he could see my face.

“Why are you blushing? Did I do something wrong?” he said amused.

“No, it’s just something popped into my mind and I’m embarrassed I even thought of it.” I said quickly.

“If it involves me you have to say it.” He said smiling.

“I can’t.”

“So it is about me? Is it about my good looks?” he said.

“No, but if I tell you please don’t laugh and understand me.” I said with pleading eyes. He nodded for me to continue.

“Well you know the whole boyfriend situation with me?” he nodded. “Well I actually don’t have a boyfriend. I just said it so people would get off my back, and everyone is saying that they want to know who this person is and I was wondering if you would or could be my fake boyfriend.” He looked at me shocked then composed himself.

“Why me though?”

“Because you’re like my best friend here, and I can trust you. Like all we have to do now really is pretend. Like you could kiss me on the cheek or “Your not suppose to do that in public” stuff and then later on kiss me in the hallway when you “think” no one is around and hopefully that person spreads it around and people know its you.” I said quickly. He didn’t speak for a while and then stared at me.

“Ok fine “girlfriend”.”  I smiled and gave him a huge hug.

“Thank you!” I said I pecked his cheek and grabbed my stuff.

“Wait where are you going?”

“I don’t want to be late for my next class, I still have to go to my locker.” I gave him another hug and ran to my locker.

The next day Dean actually shook me up. When I woke up though, it was still nighttime.

“What now Dean?” I said in a husky voice from not speaking in a while.

“What would your boyfriend do if I kissed you?” he said. I turned to him searching for something to say.

“He would probably kill you so can I go back to sleep now?”

“Why would he kill me? He wouldn’t know unless you told him.”

“Exactly, why would I not tell him you kissed me if you did.”

“I don’t know. You would risk the chance of everyone knowing who he is.”

“Actually right now I don’t really care about this anymore. Like, I kind of feel like I want to tell someone but I just can’t do it.” I said going along with my act. I should be an actor.

“You could tell me if you wanted to.” He said.

“I wouldn’t tell you. We aren’t even that close.” I stated truthfully.

“Really, look at this in my perspective. We are really close now if you know what I mean.” He said pointing to our cuddled bodies.

“Well this is because it’s comfortable and you make me.”

“What would your boyfriend do if he knew I was sleeping next to you and holding you?”

“I don’t know, he doesn’t know. He knows we have to share the same bed but not like being this close to each other and stuff.” I said as I yawned. “Well I’m tired so goodnight.” I said as I closed my eyes shut. I heard him mumbling something to himself but I didn’t mind it.

-----------------------------------------------

Dean’s view

I muttered under my breath about getting this boyfriend of hers. I wanted to find him, expose him, and then beat him up for taking the only girl at this school. He practically is a loser if he is scared to tell people who he is. Really though, does Kristen even have a boyfriend?

She is beautiful though, I can’t lie but annoying her is so fun. Especially when I can easily go to the mall and pick up a girl there. But Kristen… she is different. She talks back to you when you say something to her. No other girl has had the guts to do that to me. I left that thought in my mind, as I smelled her hair that was like violets and lilac and drifted asleep.