Chapter 22

Sorry for the really late upload. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed this was so stupid. As I posed for and hour my cheeks started to really hurt. They were getting so sore from all of the smiling. I looked at Rosie and could see that she felt the same way.

“Hold on a sec.” I said to the person waiting to take a picture with me. I walked up to the principal and stared at him counting money.

“Rosie and I don’t want to do this anymore.”

“They are so many people waiting for a picture with you guys still.”

“Our agents wouldn’t want this much publicity and if they knew you were doing this for money they would take some of it for there pay.”

“I’m fine with that.” He said looking at me. Jesus he was like his son.

When we were done posing I was so tired. My feet stung from the tall heels and I needed a good bath.

“Thank you girls again and you might as well call your agents because I have more money then expected.” The principal said.

“Wait! I want a pic.” I turned at the voice to see Dean leaning on a wall.

“No! I’m not doing it.” I said glaring at him.

“I’m willing to pay anything. We need to talk Kristen.”

“What don’t you get about the word no?” I said looking at him.

“I need to explain things…please.” He said. I looked into his eyes and I couldn’t stop staring. He looked exhausted and I felt bad but he shouldn’t have done what he did.

“Kristen just go talk to him. I will head back to the room with Chad.” Rosie said.

“Ok fine.”

“Thank you. You won’t regret it.” He said. He nodded his head toward a hallway and we started walking towards our room. We walked in silence not one of us saying anything. If he wanted to explain things he was talking first.

He unlocked the door to our room and I immediately took off my shoes and looked around what seemed like an empty apartment. I jumped onto the bed even in my long dress and closed my eyes while I waited for him to talk.

“You look gorgeous.” He started. I peeked open one eye to see him eyeing me from at the door. He came towards me and sat at the end of the bed and grabbed my legs and placed them on his lap.

“What are you-?”

“Let me talk, and don’t interrupt.” He stated as he massaged my aching feet. I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my mouth and he seemed to smirk at that. “So I’m really sorry about what happened to Chad. Everything just seemed to build up in me at once. I liked you the moment you opened your mouth and talked back to me. Not many girls or even people in general would ever do that to me. When you told people you were dating someone from here I felt determined to find out who it was. I had to ask myself what did they have that I didn’t. You know I have never been denied, not to be arrogant or anything of course.” He sighed and I waited for him to carry on. “I’m not good at explaining myself at all. Or telling people how I feel.”

I got up from the bed and loved the way the carpet cushioned my feet. I went in the closet and unzipped my dress and pulled on a tee shirt and shorts for pajamas and made my way back to the bed.

“Kristen I think I’m falling in love with you.” He said staring at me. Words didn’t form in my mouth as he looked at me waiting for an answer.

“Please. You have to understand. I care for you a lot and saying that was real for me. I’m not going to say that to some girl.”

He approached me and cupped my cheek in his hand. “Go out with me.”

“I don’t know.”

“Kristen, go out with me.”

“Chad wouldn’t want this to happen.” Is all that came out of my mouth.

“Forget about him. What does your heart say?”

“I should go to sleep.” I said grabbing the blankets and going under them. I turned my back to him.

“We will talk about this in the morning.”

“Fair enough.” I said before I closed my eyes. I heard him sigh before going under the covers with me. He stayed to his side of the bed that night…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you feel about what just happened??