Jealousy

Arthurs POV

After Merlin helped me put on my chainmail we head out. I grab my sword and start to swing it a little to warm up.

"You ready?" I ask, looking at Merlin to answer.

"More then I'll ever be." He answers sarcastically and nod his head.

We walk around in circles, none of us willing to make the first move. I didn't because, maybe I'll actually hit him, I couldn't take the risk. Luckily Merlin tries to make the first move but I prevent his sword from hitting me. I swing my sword slowly enough for Merlin to stop. He quickly moves away, swinging the sword at me. He manage to keep fighting with me for about a minute but then I choose to end it. The other knight can't think that Merlin beat me at sword fighting.

I help Merlin up from the ground.

"God Merlin, you're so clumsy." I say and shake my head, laughing sightly.

Once he's on his feet our faces is close. Really close. I take the opportunity to study his face. His eyes, cheekbones and that lovely mouth. They look so soft and kissable.

He looks away, blushing a little.

"You should practice with some other knights." He mentions for the line that has been created with knights who want to fight me.

"Yes I should. Don't get killed! I need your help later?" I say and point my finger at him, warningly.

"Of course, sire." I glare at him before walking over to fight the first man in the line.

After fighting the man i shake his hand and help him up from the ground.

"Good fought." I say and smile at him. I then hear a familiar laugh.

When I look around I see Merlin talking to a guy. Suddenly I feel a wave of jealousy flood through me. I'm the only one who's suppose to make Merlin laugh like that. Ignoring the other knights, I walk towards Merlin and his friend.

"Merlin! Come on, I have a meeting with the councils!" I yell annoyingly.

"The meeting doesn't start until one hour and a half." He says looking at me weirdly.

"I have some other thing I need to do before then. Come on!" I say, lying my ass off to get Merlin away from that guy. I walk way, hoping Merlin is trailing behind me. But I don't turn around to find out, instead I walk straight to my chamber.

Once I'm inside I quickly turn around to find Merlin standing there grinning.

"What?" I ask and look at him confused.

"If i didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous." He says and smirks.

"Me? Jealous?" I say and stare in disbelief at him. Merlin shrugs and helps me out of my chainmail. "You really are an idiot Merlin."

I sit down at my table pretending to study about something. I did tell Merlin I had some important stuff to do.

"You need anything else? Sire."

"Could you get some food?" I ask without looking up.

"Well I kind of need to-" He starts of but I cut him of by saying "It wasn't a question Merlin."

When I hear the door to my chamber close I look up and sigh. Merlin must think I'm a pain in the ass. I always ask him to do stuff. Sometimes I don't even need for him to do it, it's just that I want him to be near me all the time.

He enters through the door holding a tray with some bread, fruits and water. I move some of the books and papers away so that I won't spill on them.

"Anything else?" He asks.

"Sit." I point at the chair in front of me.

"Why?" He says slowly as he sits down. I take a slice of bread and an apple and give them to him.

"Eat." Merlin's so skinny, it breaks my heart every time I catch glimpses of his ribs showing through the shirt he's  wearing.

After eating in a comfortable silence Merlin takes the tray and walk out of my room.

The council meeting went smoothly. Nothing new really, just the old boring stuff. I walk into my chamber and throw myself on my bed. My eyes becoming heavy.

"Arthur..."I open one eye to see Merlin standing beside me grinning like a fool.

"What?" I had such a nice dream. Me and Merlin had a small picnic out by the lake under a big tree. And afterwards we kissed under the moonlight. I smile at the thought and sigh happily.

"You've slept for hours. I brought you some food." He walks to the table and place the plates where I sit. I slowly walk up and sit on my chair. Once again I mention for Merlin to sit beside me. It's boring eating alone and most of the times I don't eat all of it. Might as well share it with the person I love. And I love Merlin so that's what I'm going to do.

I look out of the window, it's dark outside. I really did sleep all day.

"How are you going to sleep now?" Merlin says with food in his mouth.

"I don't know. I'm still a little tired." I say and yawn. After finishing the food Merlin leaves for a minute to bring back the tray. I try and put on my night clothes but fails. When Merlin walks inside the door his head is thrown back in laughter.

"How the hell did you manage to do that?" He says between the laugh. I glare at him and he stops laughing and helps me put the clothes on properly. 

"Is there anything more?" He then asks. I hesitates before asking him, "Could you stay? Just for a while?" He nods slowly and I mention for him to sit on the side of the bed.

We start talking about everything. I found out that the man he was talking to earlier was his good friend Gwaine. I still feel a little jealous when ever he mentions his name. We both lie on the bed talking and laughing when I see how tired Merlin is. I don't say anything, instead I wait for him to fall asleep. When his breathing is slow and even I wrap my arm around his waist snuggling close to him and fall asleep.

-------

So. Any thoughts? Hope you enjoyed!