Dancing

Arthurs POV

It's been weeks, months, since our wedding and things have never been this stressful. I've barely seen Merlin more than at night. And even then, he's almost always asleep when I enter the chamber. Allowing magic was a tough decision, but it's the right one. 

A couple of days ago Merlin announced that he's a sorcerer. We decided not to tell them that he's Emrys, it's to risky. I would never want to put Merlin into that position, when he get's to much pressure on his shoulders. 

Being Emrys is both a gift and a burden. So many responsibilities. There's only me, Gaius and Merlin's mother who know's who he really is. And I want it to remain that way until Merlin is ready for the world to know. 

"Thank you, that'll be all." I say to the knights around the round table. They stand up and walk out of the room. Suddenly I feel a hand on top of mine. The tingling feeling on my skin makes me shiver. The smallest things, like a simple touch, never seems to stop amaze me. 

"You're doing great." Merlin's voice is soothing. I kiss his knuckles and smile widely at him. The sight of his face makes it all worth it. The pain and stress from being king all goes away when I see Merlin. My Merlin. MY husband. 

"Dance with me." 

"There's no music." A chuckle escapes me as I stand up from my seat. 

"The sound of your voice is like music to me." I reach out my hand for Merlin to take, and as he does I swing him around. He giggles and put his arms around my neck as our bodies moves in perfect harmony together, our eyes never leaving contact. 

Those blue eyes of his makes me wonder how someone could be so perfect as Merlin is. Sure he has his flaws, he's clumsy, not really good at being a servant, not good with a sword or fight for that matter. And the list goes on. But is's those flaws that makes Merlin, Merlin. I wouldn't chance a thing about him. 

I rest my forehead against Merlin's and smile. "I love you." He smiles back but doesn't say anything. He doesn't need to say anything. The look on his face tells me something's not right. 

"What's wrong?" I look up confused at him. He hesitates before speaking. "I think it's time." 

"Time for what."

"To get kids." He says and blushes an adorable shade of red. I grin at him and pick him up, bridal style, and spin around happily. 

"We're going to be fathers!" I say amazed as I stop spinning around and look at Merlin. "We're going to be fathers." A wave of fear hits me like a punch in the face. What if I won't be a good father? What if I'll turn out to be like my father? 

I can't turn out like my father. I won't. I refuse. 

-------------

Hey guys! What's up? Finally they had their dance. What did you think? 

The song on the side is 'A whole new world' covered by Kelsey and Caleb from Anthem lights. Go check them out. 

Until next time.