Leaving Camelot

Arthurs POV.

We stayed at the lake for two days more before we headed back home to Camelot. My father must be furious with me, he's still expecting me to find a wife. And I know for sure, Merlin isn't the one my father would want me with. I will not marry another, I cannot do that to Merlin.

My thought is disturbed by a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say, still looking at the papers in front of me. When no one says anything I look up confused.

Merlin stands there, biting his lower lip, with his hands in his pockets.

"What did you do?" I ask accusingly and look at him sternly.

"I have to leave Camelot for a couple of days. I need to see my mother." I nod and stand up.

"You want me to come with you?"

"You can't leave Camelot now. They need you." He says and smile slightly. I know he's right, he almost always right. I place my hands on his hips and rest my forehead against his.

" How long will you be gone?"

"Four days." He says disappointingly.

"I'll miss you." I say.

"I'll miss you too." His breath brushed against my lips, tracing eskimo kisses. I bring him closer, so that there's no space between us, and kiss his nose and then his lips.

" I love you. Now and always." I say and kiss him once more on the lips before letting him go.

"I love you too." Merlin says as he leaves my chamber.

Four days with out Merlin. Four days of not being able to hug him, kiss him or talk to him. I already miss him. I feel so helpless without him and weak. Like all the like have been sucked out of me.

With Merlin gone who's going to take care of all the cleaning duties. 

The doors opens and a guy with a funny haircut walks in, "Good day sire, George at your service."

How the heck am I suppose to survive without him? 

Merlins POV

I didn't want to leave Camelot at first, at least not now when Arthur is forced to choose a wife. But my mother have send a message saying that people at our village are getting sick. I need to see if I can help them with my magic, without them knowing I have it.

"Do you have everything?" Gaius asks as I'm about to leave.

"Yes. I think so. I guess I'll see you in a few days then." He smiles at me and nod. I smile back and hug him farewell.

I've been trying to help the village for 2 days, that means there's only 2 more until I get to see Arthur. It seems that the people just had a cold and I cured most of them yesterday.

It's finally night time and I get to have a peaceful night after a long day of using magic. It's windy outside and you can see the stars clearly. When I see them I think of Arthur and his eyes that seems to shine every time I look into them. As I lay my head on the pillow I hear screams outside. I quickly get up and tell my mother to stay inside.

I open the door slowly, peeking outside. People are running around like wild chickens, screaming from the top of their lungs. Without a second thought I go outside, trying to save as many people I can. 

A couple of bandits run towards me with swords in their hands. I reach out my hand as they go flying backwards. I walk around and see three or four kids sitting behind a barrow. I pick up the smallest one and lead the others to my house.

"Keep an eye on them." I say to my mother and some other people who were seeking shelter in our home. I get out again, telling people to hide as I continue using my magic on the bandits.

As I walk through my village I see houses on fire, dead people on the ground and people screaming everywhere. I check to see if the people on the ground have a pulse. There's a young boy laying on his stomach. I kneel down beside him and slowly turn him around.

His skin is pale and his eye's closed. I check his pulse. Nothing. I try once again, hoping I was wrong the first time. When I still can't feel a pulse a tear slips from the corner of my eye. If I didn't know he's dead I would have thought he's sleeping. His face looks so peaceful, eyes closed.

I stand up again, hurrying to help the wounded. No one else is going to have to die.

Arthurs POV.

"Sir." I open one eye and turn around in my bed to find Leon standing by the side. I groan and sit up, mentioning for him to continue.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but we've heard news about bandits attacking villages." He brakes the eye contact and looks down on the floor, unsure if he should tell me what's on his mind.

"Leon, You may talk freely."

"If it's not to mush to ask for, sir, I would like to search for Merlin in his village. He's my friend and I fear that he might be in danger." Hearing Merlins name makes me jump out of bed, getting dressed in a record time.

"Gather the men, we're getting Merlin back." When I realize how it sounded I freeze, " And we're going to make sure the people's safe. We need to protect Merlin, I mean Camelot. We need to protect Camelot."

Leon looks at me with confusion and surprise but decides nod his head in response, not daring to question me. He stands still for a moment before turning around, walking through the doors of my chamber.

Hundreds of thoughts are rushed through my mind. What if he's dead? What if he's hurt? How the hell am I going to get through this without him? How the hell am I going to get through life without him? I can't imagine my life without him. Without holding him in my arms.

I can't keep myself from thinking of him. And wondering if he's thinking about me too.

After getting some help to get in my chainmail, me and the knights get on our horse's and rides throughout he woods.

I'm coming Merlin, just hold out. 

-----

Thoughts? Anyway thanks for reading, have a great day!

The song is Somebody to die for by Hurts. Merlin would die for Arthur and vice versa.