Good out of the bad

Merlins POV

Everything started to go as usual, we've returned to being a love sick couple. Arthur managed to get a little cottage for Adeline, where she can raise her child. 

Even though everything feels good, I cant help but to think that somethings missing. There's an empty place in the heart. Most of the time I'm around Arthur. And when I'm not with him I'm with Gaius, healing people. But I want to do something more. 

For a long time I thought that being with Arthur was enough. But I want to do something. Be someone. Not just Arthurs husband. 

"What are you thinking about?" Arthur asks with a small smile.

"Nothing." I shrug it of and continue to eat the food that's been served by Gwen. 

"There's always something." I shake my head. Arthur looks at me suspicious but decides not to bring it up again. 

"How about you and I-"Arthur starts off but is disturbed by a guard who walks into the dining room. 

"Sire. I hate to interrupt but we have some urgent news." Arthur mention for him to continue. "The woman who was with you has passed away." Shock is written in both of our faces. She was so young, had her whole life ahead of her. And now it's all been taken away from her. 

"But there's more." The guard says quietly as he catches his breath. "She had a son. He's alive." When Arthur doesn't make a move or speak  I nod at the guard. 

"Bring him here. And take Adelines body to Gaius' workplace. Thank you." The guard nod his head before disappearing out the door. I sigh and look towards Arthur. 

"At least she got to spend her last days in freedom. There was nothing you could do to prevent this." I lay my hand on his. 

"You're right. She's in a better place now. But Merlin, we can't leave her child to some stranger. He might not be the son in my dream, but I'll make a new dream with him in it." Arthur smiles sadly.

"Of course. Are you sure you're ready for this?" 

"With you by my side, I'm ready for whatever is up next." I lean over and kiss him roughly on the lips. 

"We'll be the best parents in the world." I mumble against his lips as we both grin. 

A couple of hours later the knights arrives with Adelines son and her body. Sir Leon carefully hands the tiny baby to Arthur. The child is almost as beautiful as Arthur. His apple green eyes seem to shine as brightly as stars. And so do Arthur's. The way he looks at the baby, with so many emotions. 

"Does he have a name?" I ask with a gentle voice, not wanting to wake the sleeping child. Leon shakes his head, "We don't know." 

"How about Jeffrey?" Arthur asks, tilting his head to get a better look at the baby. 

"If I may suggest, Gwaine is an awfully handsome name." Both me and Arthur glance over at him and shake our heads. 

"Arthemus." The name rolls easily of off my tong as a big smile forms on my lips.

"I like the sound of that." Arthur smirks. 

"Arthemus it is."

-----------

Hey guys. Any thoughts? I couldn't really come up with a better name. I wanted it to be alike Arthur. 

The song on the side is 'Wait for me' by Plug in stereo. 

Until the next time.