Dreaming

Arthurs POV

When Merlin leaves I lay down in my bed, burying my head into the soft pillow. What should I do? I can't leave Camelot in the hands of Morgana. But I can't leave Merlin. If I leave Camelot then Morgana will rule and the kingdom would be destroyed. People will die, innocent people.

Merlin would understand if I didn't come with him, right? That would give him the opportunity to try and get a better life with someone else. But the single thought of Merlin and someone else makes my heart burn. I'm willing sacrifice my own happiness for the sake of Camelot but I'm a really willing to sacrifice Merlin's too?

My eyes becomes more heavy by each second and it doesn't take long before I fall into a deep sleep, forgetting about all the problems, and dream about Merlin and I.

I open my eyes to be greeted by a smiling Merlin. "Morning princess." he says and grins widely at me. "Morning love." I smile and nuzzle closer to Merlin, taking in his scent and touch. He kisses the top of my head and starts humming. Suddenly two kids run inside our room, jumping up in our bed. "Father look." The little girl says and stretch out her hand. There's a butterfly with only one wing.

"Let's see if I can fix that." Merlin says and take the butterfly in his hand. His eyes turns yellow and the butterfly flies away. The smaller one tries to catch it but almost fall out of the bed, fortunately I caught him in time. The little boy grins at me and giggle. I realize that the boy is ticklish and start to tickle him. The boy laughs and kicks his legs. "Father stop." He says between laughs. "Me too, me too." The little girl says and jumps up and down. Merlin grabs her and starts to tickle her.

After both the kids have agreed on stopping I glance at Merlin who's looking at me with loving eyes. " I love you." I mouth to him, trying not to wake the kids up who fell asleep in our arms.

"I love you more." He mouths back and I reach to kiss him.

I wake up to the light that shines though the window. After laying in bed for a couple of more minutes I get up and change clothes, the best I could without Merlin, and walks out. When I step outside the door I see Merlin standing up.

"You've been there all night?" I look at him in shock and furrow my eyebrows. " I didn't want you to be alone." He says quietly. I smile at him and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." Merlin smiles and nod. 

------

So I thought I'll try and actually use some of the things in the series. I thought it was so cute when Merlin stayed outside Arthurs chamber. 

The song is 'I won't give up' by Jason Mraz.

Anyway. Thoughts?

Have a great day!