Going home

Arthurs POV

I slowly open my eyes and yawn. Merlin's still sleeping so I decide to get up, trying not to wake him. When I open the small wooden door I see that the people have gathered around the houses.

"We're taking the people to the castle, sir. The wounded need Gaius and Merlin, the others need food and somewhere to stay." Lancelot says.

"Of course. We'll leave right away." Lancelot bows his head and walks away.

I walk back inside the little house were Merlin's sleeping and quietly whisper in his ear, "Morning my love. I know you're tired but we need to get moving back home. To Camelot." Merlin groans but smiles slightly.

"Carry me?" He asks and grins ear from ear. He must be joking, what would the people think if they saw the prince, their prince, carrying his servant all the way to Camelot.

"Don't push it." I say and glare at him while he laughs.

After loading all the supplies that was left we head home to Camelot. Since there's only a few horses left we decides that those who are wounded take turns on sitting on them. That means I have to walk.

Me and Merlin walks beside each other, having small conversations. I can see by the faces he makes that he's in pain. I ask him about it but he keeps saying that he's fine. I can see right through his lie but doesn't push it.

He doesn't want me to worry about him, and I understand that but I want him to know that if I really did have to I would carry him. I would carry him around the world if that meant he wasn't in pain.

When we arrive at the castle I quickly search out for my father.

"Father I need to speak with you right away." I say as I rush through the corridors.

"Yes Arthur what is it?" He says rather annoyed.

"These people need somewhere to stay while we try and rebuild their houses. I suggest we offer them a place inside the walls."

He looks at me stunned, like I just confessed to him that I have magic.

"You think we can just let anyone inside these walls. I am responsible for what happens if we do. I cannot let them all stay here. We've been under an attack, one of those people could be a traitor." Unfortunately I get what he's saying but it doesn't feel right.

After discussing the subject for an hour my father agrees on letting Merlin's mother and the wounded stay in the castle. The others will be able to stay in the newly build houses outside the castle.

Merlin comes rushing, asking about what was decided, after I tell him the news he hugs me close and thank me for letting his mother stay with him. I put one arm on his tiny waist, hoping no one can see us. He lets go and grins at me before returning to his mother.

"It's late you should get some sleep." Merlin says and yawn. I've been trying to figure out why they would attack Merlin's village, what was they looking for? Or who?

They weren't attacking for supplies, money or anything I can find reasonable. It have to be someone they were looking for. What if they knew Merlin have magic?

"I'll be fine. But you on the other hand, go to bed and rest." I reply but instead Merlin moves closer until he's standing before me. He wraps his arms loosely around my neck and rest his chin on my shoulder. I smile and sigh happily.

"There's nothing you can do about it now, it wasn't your fault." His breath tickles on my neck as he speaks. I take his hand and kiss it, "I know. I love you."

"I love you too." He kiss me on top of my head and moves away. "No, please stay. Don't go." I say, with a pleading tone. He doesn't say anything but nod in response.

I get up from my chair, lock the door and then get in bed. After blowing out the candles Merlin joins me. Once he's in I wrap my arms and legs around him, almost choking him to death, and nuzzle my face into the crock of his neck where I fall fast asleep.

"Night princess." Is the last thing I hear and I smile sleepily, mumbling something that makes no sense. 

------

Thanks for reading. Sorry for any grammar wrongs. 

Hope you enjoyed. Have a great day!

Thoughts?