Gone

Merlins POV

"Mother what are you doing?" I ask as I step inside my room. "We need to get out of here, before you get yourself killed." She says and continue packing our clothes.

"How do you-" "Uther came to me, saying that if we didn't leave, he would have you hanged!" Her eyes starts watering and she starts pacing around, mumbling quietly to herself. "I knew I shouldn't have allowed it, I should have stopped it. I should have realized that it was wrong."

I wrap my arms around her, "It's not you fault, it's mine. I should have kept my feeling to myself." My mother burst into tears as I hold her close, trying to calm her down. I know I should feel afraid, but when you come in a moment like this, you just go numb. 

You don't know what to feel, or what you're suppose to feel. Maybe I should be angry at Uther, angry with myself. Or sad because I'll have to leave Arthur. But right now I feel nothing. 

I walk slowly towards Arthurs room, dragging my feet behind me and tugging on the hem of my shirt. I hesitate before knocking twice on the door. "Come in." I take a deep breath before entering his chambers.

"Ah Merlin. Finally, I was starting to worry." He starts and stands up from his chair. I don't move and look down at my shoes. I can't look at him, knowing I'll have to leave him. "What's wrong?" He says and place one hand on my shoulder and the other under my chin.

Arthurs POV

As I lift his head up to face me, I see the tears in the corner of his eyes. I knew this would happen. He's leaving. Merlin's going to leave me. I let go of him and stumble backwards, almost losing my balance. "Don't." I say weakly, "Please don't." Merlin looks at me pained as if he's trying to figure out what to say.

"I..I have to." A tear escapes and rolls down his cheek. "I'll go with you....please." He shakes his head. "You can't. I...I don't...I don't want you to." He says and another tear runs down his cheek.

I step forward which causes Merlin to step back. I stretch out my hand and touch his cheek, removing the tears. This time he doesn't flinch away, but closes his eyes and take a deep breath. I take the chance and put my other hand on his thin waist, and bring him closer until our foreheads touch.

I lift my head and kiss him deeply. When he doesn't complain I deepen the kiss even more. Merlin puts his arms over my neck while one of mine is still caressing his face and the other's around his waist.

Suddenly Merlin pulls away with sorrow in his eyes. "I love you. And I always will, but please don't come after me. I promise I'll still keep you safe. I'll be your guardian angel." He says and smiles sadly. I give him a pleading look and shake my head,

"You don't have to go. I can fix this. I'll talk to my father." Merlin smiles again and put his hand on my cheek. "You'll be the best king that Camelot will ever have." He says with pride . I pout my lips and kiss his hand.

"I can't do this without you. Because without you, it's all pointless." "You can do this. You have to. For Camelot. For me." He let his hand fall back down and turns away. "Where will you go? Do you need money? Where can I find you?" Too many questions are flooding thought my mind.

"I don't know. We have enough money to stay alive. And you can't find me. I'll find you." And with that he walks out of my chamber. Out of my life. I will never be able to hold him, to kiss him or to hear his voice. He's gone. 

------

I'm sorry? Kinda broke my heart writing this.

 Anyway thoughts?

Merthur. Dreams coming true ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें