Released

Merlins POV

I continue to circle around the man. His powers weakens with each spell he casts. Panting, he chant another one, which I easily stop. No one is going to stand in my way to get Arthur back. 

We cannot be parted like this. Him thinking that I don't love him enough, that I don't forgive him. Because I do. I forgive him. 

"I've never met anyone so powerful before. Who are you? What are you?" He asks with a confused expression. I who though I was taking it easy on  him. I haven't used any of my advanced spells. 

"I'm Merlin Pendragon. " I smirk as I cast my final spell. He didn't see it coming and flew backwards, hitting the cold stone wall. His men stops as they realize that it's over. It's either being captured or killed. 

I realize I've never introduced myself as Merlin Pendragon. But I like it. It has a nice ring to it. 

"Take them as prisoners. Let the king deal with them later." The knights obey as I continue the search for Arthur. 

Arthurs POV

"Okay Adeline. Here's what we're going to do." I say and continue telling her about my plan to get us out of here. Just as I'm about to finish, the door opens. Immediately I stand up, ready to fight my way out.  

"Arthur?" A far to familiar voice says. 

"Merlin?" He steps forward and and smile. I grin at the sight of him. "How'd you find me?" 

"Your ring. The one I gave you on your birthday." A smirk appears on my lips. That's my Merlin. Without wasting any more time, he easily unlocks the chains that surrounded my wrists. 

Merlin looks around and spots Adeline, who's crawled up in the corner. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to set you free." Merlin says with a smoothing voice as he slowly approach her. She flinches away at first but let him use his magic to release her. I walk towards her and help her up on her feet. Unsteadily she takes a step. Not wanting her to trip, I lay one of her arm around my neck. 

Merlin leads the way out through the dark cave. As we step out, we're blinded by the shining sun. We're in the middle of nowhere. After taking in the surroundings I help Adeline on a horse and walk up to Merlin. 

I hesitate before taking his hands in mine. He smiles and rest his forehead against mine. 

"It's okay. We're okay."His words make me sigh in relief.  "I'm sorry. For everything." My voice cracks. 

"I forgive you. And I love you so very much. " I place a sweet but passionate kiss on his lips.

"I love you too. I always have and I always will." 

-----------

Hey guys. Hope you liked it. If you have any thoughts then please leave them in the comment below. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I'll try to update regularly, there's not many chapters left! 

Tell me in the comment how you'd like this to end and what you think of the story so far.

The song on the side is 'Out of the woods' covered by Anthem lights.

And lets all raise our wands for the amazing actor Alan Rickman who's passed away. He will be missed.

Until next time.