Family

Arthurs POV

I didn't realize it before but as the weeks goes by, our son looks more and more like the little boy in my dreams. Maybe it's because I want it so badly that I see it, or the dreams have changed. 

Merlin and I are both enjoying our time as parents. Arthemus is growing too fast for my liking but he gets cuter each time I see him. The thing I like most about him is that he takes over so much from Merlin. The two of them fell asleep on the bed and they looked adorable. So peaceful. 

"Arthemus, say father." Merlin encourage him with his baby voice. But all he does is giggle and lightly pull at Merlins black hair. I chuckle at them as I continue reading through the paper work. 

After a couple of hours Merlin puts our son to bed in his own chamber. When he comes back he stands behind me, slightly massaging my shoulders.  I moan in pleasure as he kiss the top of my head. 

"It's late. We should go to sleep." He mumbles in my ear as his lips traces kisses down my neck. I smile and stand up to bring him in my embrace. As his lips meets mine the butterflies goes rushing though my stomach. After all this time. Every time I kiss him, it feels like the first. 

I place my hands firmly on his waist, bringing him even closer. Merlin snakes his arms around my neck as he pulls his fingers though my hair. Easily I pick him up, making him gasp in surprise, and carry him to the bed. Carefully I put him down as I slip of my shirt. 

He looks at me with lust in his eyes as he bits his lips, making me crazy. Roughly I kiss him again while taking of the rest of our clothes. 

Slowly I open my eyes. I notice that the spot next to me is empty. Merlin's not there. Signing, I stand up and put on some clothes. The only place Merlin would be at this time is with Gaius. I decide to look him up, since I need to talk with Gaius about Adeline anyway. 

The wooden door creaks as I open it to peek inside. "Arthur." Gaius says, slightly taken aback. 

"Good morning Gaius. Where's Merlin?" 

"He's in his old room, looking up a book he had." I nod my head and look around. The room is the same as it's always been. But it looks a bit bigger now that Merlin isn't here as often as he used to. 

"Have you had the chance to look at Adeline?" I ask, trying to break the silence. 

"Yes. It seemed that her body was to weak. After being in prison for so long, her body gave up as she gave birth to her son. There was nothing we could have done to help her. Not even Merlin." He explains. 

"I see. We'll make sure she gets a proper funeral." I wish there was something I could have done. If I just found out that people had been missing and taken maybe then I could have found them before they found me. 

"Arthur what are you doing here?" Merlin asks as he enters the room. "I was looking for you. You disappeared before saying anything. 

"Yes. Sorry about that. Arthemus woke up and I didn't want to wake you." I lean over and kiss him on the cheek. "Thanks." 

"Sire. It's time." Lancelot walk inside the room. "I'll be there." 

It was decided that today we were going to listen to the people who used to live in the villages that has burned down. As a king it's my obligation to make sure that my people are satisfied. 

Merlin and I sit down on the thrones as people starts to come in. The farmers wants new land, which I want them to have. We cannot afford losing the crops. 

An old couple walks in and bow. 

"My king. I ask for nothing more than justice. We've got nothing left. They burned down everything. It's all gone." The older man, who can barely walk on his own, says as he takes of his hat and place it to his chest. 

"I'll do my best to find a place for you and your family. And we are truly sorry for the loss of your home." I say respectfully and nod my head. The couple smiles as they walk out, hand in hand. 

Next there's a middle aged man with a kid that's hiding behind him.

"King Arthur. I've come here to hand over a girl, her family died in the fire." The man says and step aside, showing the beautiful girl. 

That's her. The child in my dreams, only younger. I've finally found her. 

----------------

Hey guys. Kind of a long chapter, hope you didn't mind. If you have any thoughts, don't hesitate to leave them in the comments below. 

The song on the side is 'You're the one that I wan't' covered by Lo-Fang.  Arthur wants this family. They're what he needs. But he needs to shape up to do so. He's still afraid to turn out like his father. Cold and distant. 

Hope you enjoyed reading. The story is almost done. There's two more chapters!

Until next time.