Parenting

4 Years later

Merlins POV

As usual I wake up before Arthur. I turn around to see his sleeping face. It's mornings like these that makes me appreciate the small things in the world. Like the way I find Arthurs drool all over the pillow adorable. The way the very sight of him makes my knees weak. 

I smile as Arthurs eyes slowly opens. 

"Morning princess." Arthur smiles back. "Morning love." When he snuggles closer I kiss the top of his head and starts humming in his ear softly. 

Suddenly Emory and Arthemus comes running. 

"Daddy look." Emory says and show us a one winged butterfly. I smile at our beautiful daughter, "Let's see if I can fix that." I take the butterfly in my hands and cast a simple spell and with two wings, it flies away. 

Arthemus, being as curious as his father, tries to catch it and almost falls out of the bed. Luckily Arthur get a hold on him just in time. Arthemus giggles as Arthur starts to tickle him. " Daddy stop." He says between laughs. 

"Me too, me too." Emory says with jealousy as she jumps up and down. A huge grin break into my face as I attack her with tickles. 

After several moment the kids are too tired to laugh anymore. They lay peacefully beside us, sleeping lightly. I look over at Arthur with nothing but love filled in my eyes. 

'I love you' He mumbles, trying not to wake our two angels. 'I love you too' I mouth back and reach out to kiss him. 

Arthurs POV

As the sun begins to set I take my place in the bed next to Merlin. I snake my arms around his waist and snuggle closer, taking in his familiar scent. 

"I can't believe it's been four years." He mutters and sighs. 

"I know. I can't believe it either. Arthemus is already four years and Emory is turning ten." We stay silent for a moment, taking our time to take it all in. Our babies are growing so fast. I want them to stay small forever. I don't want Emory to grow up and get married. I want for her to always be here with us. 

I'll chase away all the boys that's after my baby girl. 

And I can't wait for the day that I'll teach Arthemus to fight with a sword. I'll teach Emory too, she'll have to know how to look after herself. 

Slowly I fall into sleep, still holding onto Merlin like my life depended on it. 

Me and Merlin walks on each side of Emory. Her beautiful long hair's in a braid and her white dress looks stunning on her. With a slow pace we walk down the aisle. A happy tear slips down my cheek as I smile proudly. 

Unwillingly I let go of her and kiss her cheek as Merlin does the same. He takes my hand and walk to the side to get a better view of the wedding. 

As they say their vows, I'm on the edge of breaking down. My baby girl is all grown up. 

"We did good." Merlin says, his eyes never leaving our daughter. 

"We did. I'm proud of us." I bring his hand up to my lips and kiss it lightly. 

"He would be too." I tense up. None of us have been able to really say his name since he died. Arthemus. He got ill before he turned twelve. Not even Merlin could help him, there was nothing we could do. 

"I know." My voice cracks as yet another tear escapes. Merlin turns to face me, with teary eyes, and says, "I still love you as much as I did when it was us up there." He mentions towards the altar. 

"And I've never stopped loving you since the day we shared our first kiss by the lake." I lean in and kiss him passionately. 

"I'll love you till the day I die." 

-----------

Too be clear. Yes. Arthur is dreaming about Emorys wedding. 

There will be a sequel after this chapter then this book is completed. It's been really fun to write and I want to thank you for all the reads and votes. Thanks for reading! 

 It you have any thoughts leave them in the comment below. 

The song on the side is 'You are my sunshine' covered by the civil wars. 

Thanks for reading. Until next time.