Nightmares

Arthurs POV

I return to Camelot with a small smile, knowing I'll see Merlin soon. We both agreed on not telling my father about the danger we might be in. He wouldn't believe me anyways. After Merlin described the woman he saw I immediately recognized her as Elena's servant. Merlin told me he'd look into it, that I shouldn't worry and to be safe.

After repeating the three words 'I love you' multiple times I left the place he was staying at. He wanted me to go before his mother returned, he said she wouldn't approve if they started seeing each other again.

I understand he wants to keep it a secret, so do I. I love Merlin, I truly do, but I also love my kingdom.

As I walk through the empty castle my head starts spinning from all the different thoughts going on inside my mind. What will I do if Elena's planning on killing my father? What will I do if she isn't? Would I have to marry her then? What will happen to Merlin and I?

I barely make it inside my chamber before falling onto the bed. The whole room's spinning and my head thump. My eyes becomes heavier and I fall asleep.

My eyes opens up, my head feels like it's going to explode, but I manage to get up on my feet. I blink my eyes, and pinch the tip of my nose. Voices are in the background but my head hurts too much to be able to hear what their saying.

I look around, seeing the kingdom in flames, dead bodies are on the ground. Not know what to do or where to go, I start to run.

I run as fast as my legs carries me and stop when I see a familiar shadow. Quickly I walk towards it. It's Merlin, he's laying on the cold ground, clutching his stomach. I kneel down beside him, realizing he's been stabbed.

"Your going to be okay. Your going to live. Just hold on." I repeat trying to convince myself.

"Arthur. I..." Merlin starts to cough out blood and his eyes are watery. "Shh. Don't speak. You'll be fine." I hold him in my arms, kissing the top of his head, as I feel tears escaping my eyes.

"You'll be fine."

I wake up in my bed, soaked in sweat, panting. It was just a dream.

Nothing more. 

-----

Hello guys. Just a short chapter, I know. 

So I guess the story is more than half way through. I still haven't finished the last chapters though. 

Thoughts?