Defending Merlin

Arthurs POV

It's been a week since Merlin got his memories back. And he hasn't left my side since, which I'm not complaining about. The knights too haven't left our side, either they've missed him this much or they're worried. Probably both. 

Gwaine even tried to get me and Merlin to the tavern to celebrate, but both me and Merlin decided against it. Neither of us are a big fan of drinking. Or with other words, Merlin isn't and therefor I am not either. 

We seem to argue about the smallest things. I want him to eat more and he want me to eat less. I want Merlin to know that he no longer have to go hungry and he says that eating the way I do will only do harm to myself. 

Even though we sound like we're upset with each other it always ends up with us kissing and constantly saying ' I'm sorry' and 'I didn't mean it'. 

All week Merlin have been treated like a child. The fear of him breaking apart constantly appears in the back of my head. He's been dead, of course I'm worried. And I think he some what enjoys being taken care of by me.

He would give me small tasks like bringing him food, making his bed. Or to be more precise, MY bed. He insisted on sleeping in my chamber, since my bed was more comfortable than his. 

And since Gaius told us that Merlin needs loads of sleep, to build up his powers again, I let him. Not that I'm complaining. 

His mother came to visit yesterday. I left them to talk on their own, thinking they could need some mother and son time. After Merlin died I sent a message to her, and since she knew Merlin is Emrys she too had hopes that he would return. 

After their talk they both seemed calm and happy, like a heavy weight's been lift of from their shoulders. His mother still had her doubt about our relationship and said that it was a sign that Morgana came the day we were suppose to get married. But after talking to her again she understood that she couldn't stop us. 

"Greetings." I say with a clear voice to the people surrounded around outside the castle, "I'm sure you've all heard the news. Merlin and I are having our wedding in two days." They all show looks of disapproval. Disgust is all over their faces. 

"Don't you think the other wedding was a sign for you to NOT get married." An angry man says as he spit. I look confused at them, everyone always think it's a sign of something that should or shouldn't happen. 

"No, why would it?" I say with an annoyed tone as the cold winter wind makes my fingers go numb. 

"Maybe it's not your destiny to marry a guy!" Another one says as the crowd nod their head in approval. 

"For the sake of Camelot! Being with Merlin is the one thing that helps me handle this kingdom. When everyone else give up and are ready to pack their thing and go, Merlin stays behind to save people, he never gives up on someone. He have thought me to do the same." Some people bow their heads in shame, they've all heard of the brave Merlin.

"When Morgana was here to destroy this kingdom, Merlin stopped her. He saved me! He saved all of you!" My voice rises and the anger within slowly disappears at the thought of Merlin.

No one says anything. It's completely silence. I give them all one more look before walking inside the castle.

I'm their king! They need to respect me. And my decisions. If I chose Merlin then they should all be silence and bow to us.

Merlin and I are going to rule this kingdom together. He'll be my king. 

-----------

Hey guys! Another chapter, a little longer that most of them. 

Thoughts? 

Song on the side is 'Take me to church' by Hozier.

Until next time.