Emrys

Merlins POV

After leaving Arthur's chambers people start to run out of the castle, screaming. I look out of the window, there's burning houses and the soldiers are outside, fighting the attackers off. I hurry to find Gaius and my mother. They need to be warned before the attackers reach the castle.

When I see that they're safe I let out a breath. "We're under an attack." I say breathlessly and rest my hands on my knees. My mother and Gaius both looks at me in surprise. Arthur. I need to find Arthur.

"You need to get out of here." I tell them sternly.

"Where's Arthur?" My mother asks concerned. "I don't know, he was in his room before but i doubt he's still there." "Go find him. He'll need you more than us. We'll be fine."

"I can't just leave you." I hesitate. "Your mother and I can take a secret way through the castle, the attackers won't know it's there." Gaius says and smile sadly at me. "Are you sure?" They both nod their heads and smile at me, "Hurry." Gaius says and starts packing some herbs in his bag.

Before leaving I kiss my mothers cheeks and hug her close. It could very well be our last. She tries to think of something to say but nothing comes out.

"I know, I love you too. I'll see you when this is all over." I then begin to search for Arthur, he can't be far.

Arthurs POV

Morgana walks back and forth, smiling wickedly, "No one can help you now. Not even your beloved Merlin" The mention of Merlin's name makes me look up at her in surprise.

"Oh, you didn't think I knew about the things you've been doing? I must admit, I wasn't expecting it. Still, you guys look adorable together. A match made in heaven." Morgana's smile moves from me to my father who's looking at me in disgust and with disappointed eyes.

Now he knows, I can't imagine how disappointed he's at me. A prince, the future king, in love with a man servant. The shame.

"And you." She says and point her hand at my father, who's too much in a shock to do anything.

"Who's you favorite now? Would you rather want him to rule the kingdom than me." Uther doesn't answer instead he continues to look at me like I'm some dirt on the floor.

Morgana looks outraged and starts pacing around the room. "Still, after knowing that he, your son, is in love with a man. A man servant, a nobody."

My father once again look up to my face, "Nobody needs to know. You can stop this relationship and still be a king." He says sternly. "Did you ever stop to think about your reputation! Did you ever think about how this might would cost you your crown!" He yells.

"I never stopped thinking about it. But I wouldn't change anything, I would risk anything for him." I hold back my tears that's threatening to come flooding.

"This must be magic, Arthur you're under a spell, these feelings aren't yours!" Uther says and shake his head. "It's not magic father, I know what I feel is the truth."

"No matter what you think you feel, you need to stop this for the sake of the kingdom."

"I will not stop seeing Merlin. I would rather die."

"That can be arranged." Morganas voice is cold and her face says nothing but hatred. I open my mouth to speak up but the sound of the door exploding interrupt me before I could say anything.

"Emrys." Morgana whispers under her breath. An old man enters the door, he has long white hair and wears a long red rope. " I prefer the name Dragoon." He says and smirks. I know that smirk, I know that voice. It's Merlin. My Merlin.

------

Don't know if you can see the video but it's Colin Morgan as Dragoon on the side. Anyway, thoughts?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. And have a great day!