Falling in love over again

Arthurs POV

I run as fast as I can towards Gaius workplace. Panting, I walk inside the room. There's the face I've been missing, the face of the one I love. I smile as my eyes goes watery and kneel down at him.

"Merlin. You're back." He looks confused at me.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" The words hurts more than a stab in the side. I look at him in disbelief. How can he not remember? How can he not know who I am?

"It's me. Arthur." I say desperately. Merlin looks at me with even more confusion and tilt his head, like he's trying really hard to remember. He looks over at Gaius and shakes his head. He doesn't remember me. He doesn't remember the time we've spent together, the kisses we've shared or my feelings towards him. 

I stand up and turn to Gaius. "Is there any way for him to remember?" Gaius sighs and slightly shakes his head.

"I'm afraid only time will be the judge of that." Almost losing my balance, I reach for the wall for support. At least he's alive, I repeat in my head. He loved me once, he'll love me again.

I spend the rest of the day showing Merlin around, trying to get him to remember. My first thought was to show him our lake but Gaius said that Merlin wouldn't handle the trip, since he just woke up. His body is still weak from being dead for more than a day.

All the knights came to see him, all very disappointed when they realized that he didn't recolonize any of them. You could see from Merlin's face that he wasn't comfortable getting all the attention.

He would awkwardly stand there, listening, and pulling the hem of his long sleeved shirt. And every time it got too much for him, he would stand behind me. I asked him about it and he said that I somehow made him feel safe. His words made my heart flutter, even now he still felt safe with me. 

Even though I'm the reason he died and lost his memory in the first place.

I could have saved him. If I've just been smarter, of course Morgana was going to use her powers to stop me, I should have seen it coming. If I just avoided her magic, I could have fought. It didn't have to be Merlin. It should have been me.

I follow Merlin to his chamber and help him settle in his room. Of course I'd want him in MY room but since he doesn't remember we were about to get married I didn't tell him that. Or the fact that we were about to get married at all. He wouldn't believe me anyway, why would he? A king marrying a servant, who'd believe it?

"Thank you for helping me." He says and blush slightly which makes me smirk.

"Any time, Love." Calling him 'love' have seem to be slipping my mouth before I could think of it. Merlin's face goes redder and he smiles shyly. 

"Good night then." I say and quickly kiss his cheek before walking out. Gently I close the door behind me and lean on the wall.

He'll remember me. He has too.

-----

Hello guys. How's life? Have any thoughts, leave them in the comment below. 

Song on the side is ' I can't help falling in love with you' by Elvis Presley.

Until next time.