The Nightmare

Charlotte was staring through the window. Everything was so slow to her, she couldn't help to feel guilty. Guilty, because she want it to be kissed by another man, be touched.

It was so tempting; as she begun to imagine how it felt to be in other man arm's, those lips, those eyes... Him.

"Sweety... The city is the same, why don't you give me a goodbye kiss. I gotta go to work, you know" Victor hugged for behind, and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm sorry Victor, I... " he silence her with a kiss, a few moments later they separated.

"My boss, the new one, has come to the city, so I'm gonna have a lot of work from now, so forgive if I'm late or something like that, OK?" Victor cupped her face, watching her blue eyes, and she smiled at him.

Victor left, leaving her alone in the room. The silence was involving her, now this was so normal to her. Everyday was the same, and Victor seemed too far away to reach everyday.

Days passed and as the guilty consumed Charlotte, she decided to get close to her husband again.

Charlotte took a cab and went to the office, but before she entered to the building, she called him.

"Victor." He said, when he picked up the phone.

"Vic, honey, I want to invite you to have lunch with m..." She didn't end her sentence, when her husband interrupted her.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweety, I can't, I have a meeting, so..." he said, and Charlotte stood as she saw him going out of the building.

"Where's your meeting?" Charlotte asked casually.

"Here in the company, and I don't know how many time is going to last." she hided, feeling uneasy, the heaviness invaded her chest.

"I call you later, I love you." the call ended, and she peek at her husband, who took a cab and leave the place; without thinking too much, she took a taxi and follow him.

Discretely she was behind him, until he stop and went into a famous hotel, and she walked behind him, and she found out one of her biggest fears.

Victor reached for a woman, and taking her in his arm, and she guessed that he kissed the stranger. Charlotte left the place, holding her tears, she went to the only place that she could feel safe.
*****

"Mom?" She called when she entered to the big house. Her mother appeared with Marvin on her arms. The tears sprung out of Charlotte.

"Sweety, what's wrong?" The mother asked as soon she saw her daughter, crying endlessly, she put the boy down and she hugged her daughter.

"Victor, I found out that Victor is cheating on me!!" her mother looked to her daughter's face and smile.

"Sweetheart, that's normal, you only have to learn how to live with." Charlotte's heart sunk in the deepest inferno that she could think, her mother's words supposed to be a comfort, not a stab in her heart.

"What?" She couldn't digest everything yet. "Did my dad cheat on you?" She asked to her mother, Stella, Charlotte's mother, only nodded with a smiled and left her daughter in shock.

Stella called a maid and ordered her to take care of Marvin, and then she served wine and offered to Charlotte a glass of wine.

"Sit, you need to see the reality." Charlotte took the glass, and sat on a couch.

"It was faster than I thought, you know, Victor cheating on you. That was expected. " Charlotte felt outcast, she felt uncomfortable, she felt that everything was wrong.

She felt disgusted, how could be possible that everybody think that way.

She drank the wine, as fast as she could, she only wanted to wake up, and forget this nightmare.