Better If It Is Served Cold

"Let's gonna hit the piñata!" Ryan was carrying a rocket shape piñata, and the kids around him jumpes with emotion.

"I'm going for the cake" Ericka quickly dissappeared into her house.

"Having a good time?" Charlotte discretly stood next to her husband. The others did the same, except for Valery and Madeleine.

"Hey Charts I have to go, see you tomorrow, take care" Charlotte only nodded to Maddie, and saw Valery standing a little bit far of them, and Charlotte decided to hug her husband.

"What's wrong?" Victor was surprised by Charlotte hugging him.

"Nothing, I just have cold" She played innocent.

"I told you, to bring something more, the days are getting colder" He moved her, hugging her from behind, trying to warm her with his body.

"Feeling lonely?" Rhonda hand it over a piece with cake to Valery.

"Thanks" Valery smiled and accepted.

"You should find a man, I know you are a liberal woman, but they are such a big help, like Victor, who is giving his jacket to his wife"

Valery observed the scene, the hug ended and now Victor was talking with Marvin, while Charlotte was near to them.

"I have to go"

"Really, so soon? We are going to have a grown up party after this one" Rhonda tried to make her stay but that didn't happen.
***

"I'm going to buy a few things, need something?" Charlotte was observing Victor getting dress. She hated the man, but still the view was wonderful.

"No, thank you." He planted a kiss on her forehead, and she nodded happily to him.

"Oh, we are in a good mood!"  Victor smiled and left the place.
***

"Don't do it, look for better options, I can't help you right now, I'm waiting for a customer" Valery was talking by phone, and then saw Charlotte standing in front of her; wearing a trench coat, white blouse, jeans and her red heels. "I call you later".

"Hello V" Charlotte greet her politely.

"What are you doing here?" Valery answer her, trying to hide her disgust.

"Well, we made an appointment, and I'm here" Charlotte smiled sincere.

"You are my client? Mrs. Stanford?"

"That's my maiden name...Let's go, I need your advice." Charlotte tangled her arm with Valerie's arm.

"Advice on what?" Valery tried to free herself but she didn't sucess, in fact, she could feel Charlotte's nails, piercing her skin, but maybe it was her imagination.

"Well, my anniversary is coming and I want to surprise Victor" Valery swallowed hard.

"Surprise him how?" Valery played innocent, but the rage was slowing consuming her.

"Well, I want the perfect present for him... Me! you know sexy and dangerous like a black panther" Valery smiled and she was trying to supress her feelings.

"All right, any prefferences?" Valery asked oblying her to be professional.

"I want a suit for him, shirt, tie, shoes and maybe..." Charlotte smiled sweetly.

"Let's go then."

***

"This one is a good shirt for him..." Valery was trying to help her to choose

"I don't know V, lavanda is not his thing, maybe a light pink" Charlotte  remembered the shirt that she destroyed.

"Well, then buy that one". Valery gave up with Charlotte, she hated the indecisive people.

After a few moments there where finally finished but Charlotte decided not giving her any truce. She saw how torture Valery even more and she dragged Valery to a "baby store".

"What about this one? Do you think is cute? " Charlotte stood beside a white crib.

"It's very pretty" Valery was about to touch the crib when Charlotte hit her hand and pointed somewhere else.

"Oh my!... that moses!" Chartlotte ran into the moses and lose herself in the store, Valery began to travel alone in the place, looking the baby girl clothes.

She took a white beautiful tiny dress and imagined her baby on her arms, until Charlotte took it away from her hands.

"Oh my! Such a cutie, my baby would look pretty on this right V?" Valery swallowed hard remembering that Charlotte was pregnant too, and even worse, Victor might deny hers.

"Yes" She said without any emotion, and walked away off the store. "I'll wait for you outside, I don't feel good in this place"

A pinch of guilty rose Charlotte, but she kept going on. Valery was so serious, she didn't look into Charlotte's eyes and she was feeling uneasy. Charlotte decided it was enough for the day.

"Thank you for your help, I'll send you the check to your office" Charlotte took her bags and walked away.

Arriving to her place, she saw how was everything and begun to search the gift that Sebastian left for her.  She found it in the closet, and grabbing the bag she sat in the bed.

A navy blue pencil dress with short sleeves and a discret V neckline. Charlotte smiled and quickly tried the dress and she found out that fitted to the perfection.

She saw her watch and notice that it was time to go home.

She was happy somehow, because her next target was her dearest husband.