Charlotte

Her eyes were staring at the ceiling, one time, two times, she closed and opened her eyes trying to change her reality. Turning her head she saw the man beside her.

Victor was sleeping yet, she was observing him, his face, his lips; in a sudden move she decide to touch the shell of the man that she love, but that loving and now gone Victor appeared it was a dream.

"Why he married me?"

The idea made her sat in the bed, and then get up. She walked to the window; in her chest she only could feel dissapointment, nothing else. The flame of love was fading, now she was losing herself, becoming into a shallow Charlotte.

The day passed by like a mute movie, everything was the same, every word, every move. The agony of the lost feelings was a simple torture.

The memories of her romance with Victor were just fading away, she couldn't remember anymore how to smile frankly to him, kiss him with love, enjoying his touch.

The lies were eating her inside; even her own lies, they were tearing her world apart.

Then, she closed her eyes.
***

She was there, sitting on his couch, toying with the cup of wine, while she was observing him with attention.

His perfect body, his lips, the expression of his face, his long lashes, everything on him was almost perfect.

He was writting down something, in a little table in front of her. He could sense her watching him.

"How is Marvin?"

He asked her, popping out her thoughts.

"Fine, he is in the park with Nina, I just passed by"

"Good, so what's bring you here?"

Charlotte reached for her purse and took out an envelope and gave it to him.

"I found this, some kind of numbers that I don't get."

Sebastian opened the white envelope and read the numbers. Then he saw her and smiled.

"Account numbers... Or maybe serials numbers, let me investigate, and thanks"

Charlotte stood and walked to the door, he only saw her walking away from him.

"Charlotte..."

He called out her name, making her stop her runaway.

"Yes?"

She was about to turn, when he grabbed her and kissed her fiercely.

"I kinda miss you, don't forget that you're mine"

"I must go."

She said without any expression. and left the place.
*

Walking at the distance, Charlotte saw Marvin happy and smiling, she had to make dissapear the dark expression of her, smiling as a bright sun for her child, and now only love.

"Thank you Nina"

"You're back, so we are hungry, can we go now?"

She observed Nina and remembered the time when she was a single woman, without any worry; regretting everything but Marvin.

"Mommy!"

"Marvin!"

Charlotte smiled mimicking her son, and she hugged him.

"Nina, let's go for lunch"

Nina smiled, nodding to Charlotte's order; she was very pleased to see Charlotte playing with Marvin. She felt a pinch on envy with the scene, but it was happy for them.

So they crossed the street and entered to a restaurant. Charlotte was taking care of Marvin while Nina was using her hands like fans. Charlotte took a moment and faced Nina, as the eyes conected they smiled until bursted to laugh. That was something that Charlotte needed, laugh without worries, and without any reason, she only wanted a moment of happiness in the storm of her life.

But she never thought that her life was like a hurracaine.