Chapter 3

Just walk in there and act as if you own the place. You got this girl! – L

I read the text over again and sighed. I figured this seducing idea would be humorous but when you knew for a fact that it wouldn't work after the first time, it turned out to feel more like a chore.

Luckily, I had my friend Ashley joining me at the club that Kellin and his band were supposedly partying at for the evening. Pulling down the mirror inside my car, I double checked my makeup, ridding of any stray marks or loose strands of hair.

"This is so ridiculous," Ashley noted, obviously commenting on the situation we were about to get ourselves in. She wasn't very fond of the idea and tried effortlessly to convince me out of it but I shrugged off the disapproval, "He's a human being with feelings for God's sake,"

"Yeah," I said unamused while getting out of the car, "And Lucy is a psycho girlfriend who's good at manipulating friends,"

We walked into the dark night club, engulfed by the loud music and lively crowd. I bee lined to the bar and order rum and coke, plopping down on the cushioned seat. Both Ashley and I took turns scanning the perimeter in search of Kellin but for the good twenty minutes we were unlucky.

The song "Treasure" by Bruno Mars suddenly started bumping in the club and I made direct eye contact with Ashley, grinning. This was our jam when we'd cram for tests or last minute projects.

Taking our drinks, we walked over to the dance floor and started to dance. I sang the lyrics aloud and couldn't stop laughing as we both did silly dances. There weren't too many people on the floor so we stormed around, spinning while keeping our drinks held high.

I began doing some two-step with a goofy smile plastered on my face. I looked down momentarily and carried my head up only to make direct eye contact with those burning green eyes.

I winked flirtatiously at him and started singing, "Treasure! That is what you are! Honey, you're my golden star," pointing directly to him while shaking my butt.

Surprisingly, I earned a wide smile and laugh from Kellin who was hiding away at a booth with what looked like the rest of the band alongside various friends.I glided around the dance floor with Ashley – feeling like rowdy teenagers as we clapped and accidentally spilled our drinks.

A little half way through the song, the dance floor became packed as people bumped to the hypnotizing jam. Once it came to a close, we found ourselves a table near the bar and both took seats laughing uncontrollably.

"He's cute," Ashley said, having noticed Kellin during our dance session as well.

"Yeah, I definitely agree," I smirked but then shook my head, "Still, what I'm doing is strictly business,"

She rolled her eyes jokingly and ordered herself another drink. We spoke about current projects for school, Ashley working primarily as a director. We met when we worked together on a school funded commercial depicting what it meant to be a student at our university.

A young polished gentleman walked up to our table with a very smooth style, his steel blue eyes locked on Ashley. He flashed a bright smile and held his hand open.

"Would you mind sharing this dance with me, beautiful?"

Ashley's eyes grew huge and her mouth spread in a shy smile, looking at me with hesitation. I shooed her away with a small laugh. She giggled and grabbed the guy's hand, exchanging names and flirtatious grins before taking the floor.

I watched them in amusement for a bit before walking over to the bar, ordering another drink. I leaned over the wood frame minding my own business when that familiar jean jacket caught my eye. I turned and saw Kellin speaking with some girl, looking bored like when we first spoke. She pushed herself upward and flipped her hair, pouting her lips while batting her eyes.