chapter 19

“I miss you more,” I responded for the umpteenth time. Kellin sighed longingly over the phone as I heard him tossed around in his bunk.

“I wish you were here with me,” He whispered in an amused tone, “You could help me sleep, help me relax,”

“Kellin,” I warned in humor as he let a laugh out.

“What are you wearing?” He attempted again, myself giggling with a roll of my eyes, “Something sexy?”

“Well,” I sighed, looking down to see my yoga pants and random band tee, “I’ve got some really scandalous gray yoga pants and a super tight tee,” I laughed a little and sighed, “But to be honest, I’ve got nothing on underneath that,”

A cough came from Kellin which made my heart increase knowing even over the phone I had an effect on him. I could feel that all too familiar tingle deep below and silently ached for his touch.

“Is that so?” Kellin asked quietly, “Maybe you could send me some pictures?”

“No way,” I snorted, even if he was missing me like that, I knew any attempt at such pictures would be horribly awkward on my end, “You’ll just have to wait till you get home. And I think I’m going to have to cut this conversation short, I’m really tired,”

Kellin groaned playfully before we hung up on each other. Connecting my cell with my charger, I pulled my comforter up closer and sighed in satisfaction into my pillow. After the guys had left Arizona, I too departed after thanking my sister over and over again. As much as visiting and taking time to relax there was neccesary, having luckily fixed things with Kellin made me long to be back home.

Only a few more weeks till he’d be back. And we could try it all over again.

***

I grabbed my coat and left the apartment, planning to meet Ashley at the club for a girl’s night. It had been another week I had marked down, counting down the days till Kellin’s return. Being around Ashley made the anticipation much more bearable.

Arriving, I found her already there, smiling to herself as she watched the other people dancing around. Running up, we embraced tightly.

“You look great,” I complimented her, wearing a seductive but classy red dress with her hair beautifully curled, “Hopefully I haven’t made you wait forever,”

“Oh it’s whatever,” She responded, taking a sip of her drink, “Only been a few minutes. Now, order a drink girl!”

After a few hours, it was like every time we hung out. Giggling uncontrollably and talking about the most random of topics. And of course, random dance breaks to some of our favorite songs. As she excused herself to the bathroom, my phone started vibrating. I noticed a text from Kellin which made me smile without hesitation.

I’ve always thought spikes looked attractive, especially on you.

I looked at the text with confusion - noting how random that was for him to say. My eyes then casted downward at my shoes, the heels styled with tiny spikes lined on the heel. My heart began to race as my eyes darted about the club but I didn’t see those inviting green eyes anywhere.

You look so cute all worked up like that.

I glared at this next text, huffing loudly as he continued to tease me mercilessly. Why was he home already? They still had a little over a week and a half before break. Ashley was still in the bathroom and I figured there were few things I could do to make Kellin appear. I finished my drink and left my purse on the table, guiding myself to the dance floor.