chapter 15

Ashley held up a random dress, dark purple with random holes cut “creatively” around it. I snorted rather attractively and shook my head with a confused face.

“I mean, unless I want to walk up saying ‘Yeah, hey guys, totally fucked every guy on set. WORTH IT!!’,” I mused, Ashley now laughing uncontrollably before agreeing and putting it away.

The shopping spree was definitely doing the trick. Only having spent half an hour in Forever 21, my spirits were already lifted. We were giggling like schoolgirls and it felt great. Like normal. After piling up some dresses, we walked to the fitting room and Ashley waited outside as I began trying each one.

We rifled through about five dresses, each one having little flaw whether it be way too tight or overall uncomfortable. The second to last one I was about to slip on was an off the shoulder one. A very flattering cocoa color with floral patterns vaguely noticeable. It was fitting but also fun and I felt pretty good in it.

Jokingly strutting out, I turned and puckered my lips while ruffling my hair. Ashley smiled and gave me two thumbs up, nodding her head in approval. The first dress she instantly improved.

“This is the one,” She beamed, myself smiling genuinely back before changing into my normal clothes. After Ashley snatched the dress and sneakily paid for it, we decided to get some cute shoes. As we exited the store, I heard a recognizable fake laugh and instantly darted towards the sound. As expected, Lucy was sitting in the lounging area with an unrecognizable man. A much older looking man at that.

Ashley caught on and her eyes doubled in shock as I silently watched from across the way. Lucy smirked and ran a hand through his hair before demandingly pulling him close to her before attacking his mouth. I gagged silently and figured that was all I needed to see. Ashley stuck her phone back into her pocket and pretended to gag herself. We snaked our way around a possible awkward confrontation and ran to a popular shoe store.

The man working at the shop instantly greeted us with too much happiness before whisking me away to the various heels. He pulled out the various styles and I showed him the dress, the guy disappearing in the back after having asked for my shoe size. He returned with way too many shoe boxes casually resting in his arms. Forcing me to try them on, I laughed uncomfortably and started sizing them up.

Ashley was texting furiously away, being much more absentminded than normal. I glanced at her and kicked her with the five inch heels I was currently modeling. She jumped and looked at the shoes, giving me a disgusted look before focusing on the text she was sending.

“Who are you texting anyway?” I asked, ready to kick her again.

She put her phone away instantly and threw her hands up defensively, “Just my boyfriend, sorry! I haven’t seen him in a while,”

I accepted the answer and after a few more shoes, decided on a simple pair of black heels. Ashley tried to get me into buying some light purple ones that were towering but it seemed far ridiculous. After purchasing those and getting a snack, we both decided it best to head out. Completely satisfied, I suddenly felt that naggy stomach pain subside.

As soon as I noticed such a relief, my phone went off and reestablished the fear and anxiety. Ashley peeked over and looked at me cautiously. I bit my lip and fumbled around awkwardly, trying to make up my mind.

“What do I say?” I asked hurriedly, “If he wants to hang or something?”

Ashley shifted on her foot and shrugged, “Say we’re taking a nice spa trip, my treat or something to relax and stuff. Girls night. I don’t know!”

I sighed and slide the answer bar, putting the phone nervously to my ear.

“Hello?”

“I’ve missed your voice,” Kellin answered, making me still. Truthfully, I missed his voice too. And his touch. And his everything.