Chapter 5

I woke up the following day with an unsettled stomach. I had texted Lucy before bed asking if she would stop at my apartment for coffee so we could talk everything over. My plan was to admit to last night's events and to decide whether I should stop the seducing all together.  

God knows I wanted to. It wouldn't be long before I actual have feelings for Kellin, friend-wise or more, and how guilty I would feel if he were to ever find out why I actually spoke to him the first night at his concert.

Biting my lip nervously, I paced back and forth in the kitchen, my heart nervously beating on me, unsure of what to expect.

There was a soft knock at the door, making me jump. I laughed nervously and tried to jog the jitters off, answering the door with as much confidence as I could muster.

"Morning," Lucy said sweetly, walking inside to give me a hug. She was so naturally beautiful, it killed me. Especially now seeing as I was in ripped up black jeans and a second chance resale shirt.

We walked over to the kitchen as I poured each of us a cup of Starbucks blend coffee, taking a seat across from her.

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asked, nibbling on a chocolate dipped biscotti.

I took a small sip, burning my tongue in the process. My mind was reeling in attempt of figuring how to tell her about last night without it seeming horrible.

"Last night, you know how I went to that local show?"

She nodded, her nose scrunching up in distaste, "I always hated those things. Too many sweaty people,"

I laughed, knowing how true that statement was, "Well...turned out Kellin was a close friend to the drummer and he ended up being there,"

Lucy's eyes widened exponentially and her mouth dropped. I waited quietly, unsure as to what she was feeling let alone thinking.

"Anddddd," She exaggerated, placing her coffee cup down, "What he do? Did you talk to him? Did you ask if he had a girlfriend?"

I shook my head timidly, "We spoke minimally but I wasn't in anyway trying to seduce him last night, it was just basic conversation,"

"Oh," she whispered, drumming her hands on the counter, "He didn't try to make a move on you?"

I shook my head again, "But...he did give me his number,"

Her face remained expressionless and I frantically thought of what to say to suppress the potential blow.

"But I mean...I completely understand if that's a no-no. If you want me to, I'll block his number and not talk to him anymore. I just don't want you upset if I were to talk to him or anything, seeing what my original intentions were...it's all up to you,"

I took in a deep breath and waited for what felt like ages. Lucy looked down at her coffee and smiled. I looked horribly confused, begging her to tell me what she was thinking. She lifted her face and smiled wider, laughing silently.

"It's okay if you have his number, Mandy," She said, myself finally able to breathe normally, "I trust you to not do anything that would upset me. But I do want you to still try and break him, ask him if he has a girlfriend! Maybe flirt all cute through text and just screenshot the conversations to me,"

I watched her look down at her coffee with wide eyes and that huge smile, probably conjuring up a million ways as to how this actually could work with breaking Kellin. It saddened me to think she just really wanted him to...like she needed him to fall.

To prove what though?

--

It was already the end of the week, my mind having been in a spinning rotation with work and school. We were finally given more details on our final projects; a huge deal for this class seeing as it was almost half of our grade.