Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Parents

Adeline Mills

I dried off my body once I stepped out of the bath. Steam radiated off my body and onto the mirror, causing it to fog. I wiped away the fog with my hand and looked at my reflection. My light brown wet hair dripped onto my shoulders. My neck that was once perfectly peachy, now had a purple love bite, although no 'love' was involved, for the whole kingdom to see. I whined silently. I walked out of the bathroom, needing to change.

And I nearly lost my towel when I walked out.

He ran his tongue across his bottom lip when he saw me, his eyes ran down my bare legs. I instantly crossed them and clutched my towel even tighter.

"I won't even ask how you got in here cause I'm sure it was all magic." I snapped. He smirked and walked around my room, inspecting every little trinket.

"Quite correct, love." He said and began to walk towards me slowly. I felt a rising panic in me and suddenly flicked my wrist. A cloud of magic surrounded me and clothes appeared on my body. I looked back up to Pan and saw him slightly frowning at my new appearance. I smirked victoriously and raised my chin up a bit.

"Sorry I disturbed your view." I snapped. He looked taken back and I mentally high fived myself.

"Now, what are you doing here?" I asked, menacingly.

"Well, since I haven't seen you in 3 days, I started to miss my queen." He answered smugly. I frowned and glared at him.

"I'm not your queen, nor will I ever be!" I exclaimed. He laughed humorlessly and now he was completely in front of me.

"Darling... my sweet Adeline, you are so innocent, it makes me want to do unspeakable things to you." He whispered in my ear. My breathing hitched as his warm breath hit my sensitive ear. I begun to feel tears prick at my eyes as I remembered what happened last time he was this close. I pushed him away, harder than expected and he toppled back onto my bed. He looked surprised by my strength.

"I'm stronger than I seem." I huffed. He rolled his eyes and stood up again.

"Leave." I said plainly. He gave a small smirk.

"I just wanted to make a deal with you, love."

"I'm sorry, I don't make deals with the devil."

"Well it seems like today will be differently." He said as he stopped to admire my portrait. The portrait was painted around my 10th birthday, with my mother sitting in a chair, my father behind her, and me standing in front, with a happy grin on my face. It only took minutes for them to complete that painting, and all thanks to magic. At this moment, I wished I was still 10.

"You come to Neverland with me for one whole day, if you like being queen of all realms, you can stay and become my queen permanently, but if you don't, I promise I'll bring you back."

I nearly laughed.

"Are you bloody messing with me? I won't be going anywhere with you. I'm not one of those people who like having a lot of power." I snapped. He raised an eyebrow and scoffed.

"Oh please. You're the daughter of the Wicked Witch of the West. You crave power as much as you need it to live." He whispered. He was now behind me like before, resting my chin on my shoulder. I pushed myself out of his grip and walked to the other side of my room. I glared at him.

"Leave. Before I call my mother and father." I threatened. He smirked, as if he doesn't believe me, and as he opened his mouth to say something, I scream.

"MOTHER! FATHER! HELP!" I screamed with all my might. Pan looked surprised. I look back at him and smirk. Just as he was about to speak again, I yelled harder than before.

"MOMMY! DADDY! HELP ME!" I screamed again. I looked at the door. This time I could hear rapid footsteps running up the stairs. They were getting closer to my room. I turned back to Pan.

But he was gone.

"ADELINE!" I turned back towards the door again and my mother ran in, with my father right behind her.

"ARE YOU OK?!" He screamed. I nodded and ran to my mom's arms. She squeezed me tight and soothed my back.

"What happened, green pea?" She asked. She was trying to not sound panicked.

"It was him."

"Of course it was!" Zelena screamed. I watched as they began to argue among themselves again.

"See this is why she should go back to Oz!"

"No! She will be safer here in Camelot!"

"Bloody hell, how stubborn is your little head! You ignorant thief! She's coming home with me! She's my daughter anyways!" I rolled my eyes and threw out my arms, causing a wave of wind to leave me. They both stopped and turned to me in surprise.

"I think I should decide." I said. They both raised an eyebrow.

"Fine. Go head, Adeline." I looked taken back.

"Really? I wasn't expecting to get this far." I mumbled as I stared at the floor. I stayed silent as I begun to think over my options.

"Well, I think I should stay here-"

Just as my dad was about to do his victory dance and rub it in my mothers face, I stopped him by raising a hand.

"-but my mother should stay here with me as well. It would be better if both of you were here to look after me." I said reasonably and was extremely proud of what I had thought of.

"Adeline, we can't do that, me and Regina aren't exactly in a good place-"

"Well then, look beyond those places, put a pin in it for now because this isn't about you, it's about me. It's about trying to keep me safe from that bloody demon, who could easily take me away at any moment. For now, both of you must work together and do everything in your power to protect me, as a father and mother should do." I snapped.

Neither said anything and I took it as a good sign to leave my room.

Sometimes, I wonder who the parents really are.