Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Take The Offer, Forget Orientation

Adeline Mills

I expected pain. Or at least, a scream from me. But instead, what I got was silence. My hands were still sticking out in front of me. I was too afraid to let them fall to my side. I slowly opened my eyes and chocked back a gasp.

The arrow hovered in mid air, only inches away from me. It stayed there, as if frozen in time. I looked up to TinkerBelle and she looked just as surprised as I did. She put her bow away. Her face still had an image of confusion.

"I see now why Pan wants you." She whispered. I frowned but said nothing. She pursed her lips before she finally turned away.

And she disappeared into the forest that she first came out of.

~

Neverlands Secrets
~Chapter 7: Tinkerbelle~

Neverland had many habitants and civilians, but none more commen than the average fairy. Years ago, Neverland used to be the fairies main home. A place where they brought their light. But once darkness took over the island, all the fairies migrated to a new realm the folk call, The Enchanted Forest. Each fairy is given a chance to do great things. Mess up more than twice, and you're out.

Tinkerbelle failed more than twice.

Though she was given many chances, she always seemed to follow her heart, which is what upset the Blue Fairy, the fairy in charge of everyone.

Tinkerbelle used forbidden magic to help a mortal find her true love. It wasn't just that she used forbidden magic, Tinkerbelle also got in trouble because of the person she was trying to help.

The Evil Queen, Regina Mills.

Because of Regina's background, the Blue Fairy wanted all fairies to avoid helping her at any cause. Tinkerbelle, who thought differently, helped her anyways.

And because of Reginas cowardness, Tinkerbelle paid the biggest price ever.

Her wings.

She lost her wings and no longer was considered fairy. With a heavy heart, she found assistance in Neverland, her home island. The boy, Peter Pan, made a deal with her. As long as she decided to stay on the island, she had to help Pan with her knowledge of magic. She agreed, and since then, Tinkerbelle had been living on the island.

The last fairy on Neverland.

I closed the heavy book. This girl, this blonde that was about to kill me, was a fairy.

A forgotten fairy.

I placed away my book and pulled out my notebook and pencil.

Tinkerbelle: fairy, no wings, no magic, extended knowledge on magic, no more fairy.

I closed the notebook and shoved it away as well. This new information was a lot to take in. And why did she say, that's why Pan wanted me? What does he want from me? Why am I so special?

"Why couldn't he have taken Preppy instead?" I snapped to myself outloud.

"Because she's not quite as beautiful as you are." I squealed and turned around sharply, hitting whoever had spoken. The person groaned and fell to the ground.

I scowled as I see Pan laying on the soft sand. I narrowed my eyes as he stands up.

"What are you doing here, you bastard?" I snapped. He smirked in response.

"Just admiring your beauty, princess." He said as he looked me over. I scoffed and crossed my arms, not falling for his antics.

"Leave me alone." I stated firmly. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Love, you are a stubborn one, aren't ya? I would've figured by now you would know that I won't leave you alone. Now come on, princess, let's get to camp." He said and grabbed my arm and began to drag me away. I was about to protest when he cut me off.

"I gotta say, darling, you did quite well, for it being your first time on the island by yourself." He complimented.

"Thanks I guess. Wait, why are you taking me back to camp?" I snapped. He chuckled lowly and peered back at me.

"Aren't you just cute? Oh love, it's time for your orientation."

~

"Orientation consist of three different parts: Fighting skills, weaponary knowledge, and your survival abilities. You have 3 free chances on the fighting and weapon area. You have to fight each lost boy, including me, and be able to hit three targets with every single weapon. Then, on the survival part, you are given a small knife, a cloak, a spear, and a compass. You will journey into the Dark Jungle and are expected to survive. And when you return, we will happily announce you to be the newest Lost Girl!" Pan shouted and cheers from the perverted boys echoed throughout the camp. My eyebrows furried together and I crossed my arms.

"What if I don't want to be a Lost Girl?" I questioned angerily. The cheers quieted down and I scowled at everyone.

"I want to go home with my mum!" I snappes again. Pan watched me, amused.

"Tell you what, princess, I'll make you a deal. I'll let you go home for 3 days if you manage to pass all of orientation and if you agree to put this on." He pulled out a leather cuff. I raised an eyebrow and frowned.

"What the hell is that?" I asked.

"It's like a sheild. It will prevent you from using any form of magic." He said as he handed it to me to inspect.

"Why would you put that on me?"

"Because I want to. Oh and by the way, I'm the only one that can remove it." I raised an eyebrow and shoved the bracelet back into his hands. I glared at him.

"I don't want to go home for only 3 days! I want to go home forever and never see your bloody face again!" I protested and lightly stomped my deet against the ground. My words seemed to have no effect on him, instead he just smirked and licked his lips.

"Take it or leave, darling."

I began going over the diffrrent senerios that could happen.

A) I could take the offer, pass all the tests, and go home for three days and then come back. Because it's obvious that Pan wont just forget about me.

Or

B) Reject the offer, stay here, find a way to get off this island forever, under the supervision of Pan, which will probably make it impossible.

Or

C) Take the offer, pass all the tests, go home for three days, tell my mum what was going on, and have all the royals help me stay safe. But also be on the run from him forever.

Or

D) ... wait, what happens if I don't pass the tests...

I cleared my throat and snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Pan again.

"Wait what happens if I don't pass all my tests?" I asked cautiously. He grinned and pulled me towards his body. He smirked even more and whispered in my ear,

"If you fail, then you will be compelled to a cage. And I will have to take away your memories of your family. Forever."