Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Run

Adeline Mills

I tossed and turned in my bed. The thoughts in my head weren't quiet at all. I groaned and turned towards the ceiling.

When will he take me?

Does he want to kill me?

What will my parents do?

Do they have breakfast on Neverland?

I shook my head and looked out the window of my room. It was still dark out, but the stars were beginning to fade. I watched as color began to fill the sky.

Must almost be daybreak, I thought.

I sighed and tossed my feet over the edge of my bed and stood up. It was about 5:30 in the morning. No point in trying to sleep anymore. I changed into a simple dark green to-the-floor dress that had black lining on the top with swirly design. I slipped on my black flats and whirled my light wavy hair into a messy braid. I slipped on the small tiara and the shine of the diamonds almost blinded me. I walked out and carefully shut the door behind me not wanting to wake anyone up just yet. I began walking towards the dining room where most of the servants, maids, and workers were. Probably preparing for when everyone else wakes up. Most seemed surprised when I walked in.

"Hungry, your grace?" A girl in her late twenties asked me as I sat on a chair. I shook my head and waved my hand sloppily.

"Just bring me a glass of orange juice." I commanded. She nodded and scurried away as more servants placed a bowl of different fruits in front of me. Another plate was added, one with a variety of cheeses and many types of bread. Once my juice arrived, I lazily grabbed a slice of french bread that had been toasted and placed a small cut of blue cheese.

"Couldn't sleep?" I looked up to see my father walking in. I nodded and continued to concentrate on chewing. He told the maid what to get him and looked back at me with tired eyes.

"I love you, Adeline." He said suddenly. I looked up but didn't stop chewing.

"I love you too, dad. Why state it?" I asked as I grabbed a second piece of toast. He let out a deep breath and grabbed one after me.

"Your mother doesn't think I'm powerful enough to care for you." He said and I tilted my head. True, my mother has magic and my father doesn't, but in this case nobody can defeat Pan.

"I think you are. And in all honesty, she can't really do much if he does take me away. He's too powerful." I said quietly. He nodded slightly and held out a red apple for me. I scoffed softly and pushed his hand away and reached for the green one instead.

"Green's just a better color." I said smugly and he laughed softly.

"Don't tell Regina that."

~

"Like this?"

"Bloody hell, you look like a penguin with a broken foot!"

"Clam it, guyliner." I hissed as I struggled with my stance. Hook groaned in frustration and wiped his hand over his face.

"Your feet have to point straight, you don't have strong balance, and you are holding the sword wrong." He said, pointing out my flaws. I scowled at him and frowned. As I fixed my mistakes, I pushed stray hairs away from my face and put on a firm face.

"Okay, round 2!" I exclaimed. I prepared myself and put on my determined face.

Killian smirked at me and out of the blue, lunged towards me swiftly. I blocked his attack, causing our swords to clank. I fought back as I whirled my arms around, and swung the sword with force.

"Crap!" I yelled as he pushed me down. He kicked the sword out of my grip and lightly stepped on my arm, to prevent me from getting my sword again.

"Not really your thing, is it love?"

"I'm more of a bow and arrow kind of girl."

"Magic?"

"Of course magic." I snapped. He smirked and removed his foot from my arm. He offered me a hand and I graciously grabbed it and he hoisted me up to my feet.

"Don't tell your mother I'm teaching you how to wield a sword. She'll turn me into a toad if she finds out about this." He said and I stifled a giggle.

"I promise." I said and turned towards the castle. A sudden sight made my eyes suddenly want to pop out of their sockets.

"Killian, what's that?" I asked as I point. I feel Hooks presence next to me and he suddenly cursed under his breath.

"Bloody hell, Adeline run!" I didn't think twice before running off, in no specific direction. I noticed the trees surrounding me and I forced myself to go faster.

"Gah!" I screamed as I tripped over an old tree branch.

"Typical." I snapped and jumped back to my feet and continued to run as I sped off in the unknown direction. My heart beating against my chest, burning to a new level. I stopped my marathon to catch my breath. I panted as I looked back at the sight.

A green cloud of magic rushed towards me. My eyes widened and I gasped.

"Son of a bitch, it's getting closer!" I breathed and broke into a sprint again. I jumped over a fallen tree and continued my run. Small scraps scattered my bare legs as I made my way through the forest I knew better than the back of my left hand. I squeaked as my legs came to a sudden stop and peered over at what could be my death.

"Well shit!" I found myself on a high rocky cliff overlooking the high deadly seas. My lungs tried to regain their strength. I looked back to the death cloud rushing towards me, only about a mile away, but it was going at too much of a fast pace.

Jump and die

or

Stay and die

Not many options.

If I jump I could die but if I do survive, the magic won't effect me under water. But if I stay up here, maybe the ma-

"What are you thinking about, darling?"

Chills ran down my spine when I heard the voice that had been torturing me for days with no end. I sharply turned around and frowned. He stood there, tall and proud with his stupid perfect eyebrows.

"Bloody hell, are you the one behind this magic!?" I snapped and eyed the wave of green in fear. He smirked and mockingly bowed.

"Guilty as ever, darling." He said playfully.

"What the hell did you do with my family!?" I yelled back.

"Nothing. This cloud of magic isn't here for them." As soon as he said those words, it was obvious what he meant.

"It's for me."

"I knew you were a smart one." He said with a smirk. I sneered at him and shook my head.

"I'm not going anywhere with a demon." I used the last of my strength to create my own wave of magic to push him back. It distracted Pan enough for me to make my escape.

I didn't hesitate to jump off the cliff.

And straight down into the angry, harsh ocean.