Chapter 17

Wow, I am so happy! Just yesterday, The King and His Queen reached 1k! And we aren't even past chapter 20 yet! You people are the best. Happy New Years!

Chapter 17: Orientation (Part2)

DAY 2~ Weaponry Challenge

Adeline Mills

"Time for the weaponry challenge!" Pan announced. I took a deep breath before giving myself my inspirational speech again. I looked down to my feet and noticed my boots were covered in mud. Gross.

"Alright! Miss Mills, you have to be able to hit these targets 3 times with each of your weapon, except for the club and the sword. The weapons you have to use are bow and arrows, sword, ax, club, spear, crossbow, and knives. The only ones you are going to have to fight an opponent is the club and sword. All the other ones, you have to be able to hit a target. Let's begin." Pan said. All the Lost Boys were watching from the trees above me. Whispers chattered among them. I huffed and looked towards my instructor, which of course was Pan.

"Alright, love, choose your first weapon." My eyes instantly looked towards the bow and arrow. My instinct was to get those first, but my head told me otherwise.

"I chose the crossbow." I said, taking the closest thing to a bow and arrow. Whispers of surprise were heard in the trees above me. Even Pan had a surprised face on when I didn't go for the bow. But nonetheless, he nodded and waved his hand, causing a display of different cross bows to appear out of thin air. I chose the first one I saw and walked back to my spot. Pan snapped his fingers, making the display disappear once again. He snapped his fingers again this time, making 3 targets appear. One was hanging on a tree right in front of me, the second was high above in mid air, and the third one was moving around the clearing by magic. I huffed.

"Ready, princess?" I nodded and Pan smirked.

"You have 3 minutes. Go!" I instantly aligned my arms perfectly and aimed toward the steady target. I let go and it hit the red spot. Perfect. I heard cheers but didn't stop as I took another bolt, placed it again, and aligned my arms towards the highest target. I let it rip and like the first, it hit the target. I then grabbed another bolt and looked at the moving target. It had a pattern in which it moved. I aligned myself and waited for it to return. Once the target was in position, I let it go.

And it hit the target perfectly.

I jumped up and down and laughed victoriously.

"Perfect hit!" I said happily. The Lost Boys cheered.

"Point for Adeline. Next, ax throwing!"

~

"Time for the swords!" I gulped as Pan announced the second to last challenge. Now I had to fight Devin (one of the Lost Boys) and win.

Not good.

He smirked and I sweated like a pig out of nervousness.

"Alright, settle down. Addy, three rounds of sword fighting. You still have 1 freebie left, but you can only skip one round." I gulped and frowned. I didn't exactly do very good at the club rounds. In my defence that thing was heavier than me! I ended up using two of my passes and was now left with a pitiful one.

Lord, help me through these rounds. Sadly and much to my disappointment, I was up against Devin, who seems to be the bitch of the Lost Boys. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath, ready to try to take him down. I grabbed a sword and positioned myself.

Feet straight, keep balance, hold it correctly. I thought as I checked myself over.

"Ready Addy?" Pan's voice broke me out of my trace and I nodded.

"Ready." I responded. He smirked and he nodded back.

"Good luck, darling." He said and then whistled, indicating that the fight has started. I looked at Devin, who immediately advanced with a lunge forward. I squealed and weakly blocked his attack. He smirked at me and teased me by swatting his sword against mine. I gasped as he lunged forward again and does an above hit. I blocked again but right when I did, he pushed me down to the floor. Right as I was about to get up, he pointed his sword towards my chest, indicating that I had lost. I frowned and huffed in defeat.

"Sorry, love. You failed." Pan said.

"Yeah, thanks for stating the obvious." I snapped, annoyed at myself for failing.

"Ok, Addy, that's all your passes. You can't lose anymore rounds. Or you could just take defeat and go to a cage."

"No! I still want to fight." I declared. He smirked at me, a gleam in his eyes. I stood up from the ground and brushed off my pants.

"Adeline, ready?" I nodded, not taking my eyes off of Devin.

"Fight!" Devin instantly advanced
and attacked. I blocked with a firmer hand and managed to twist his sword away. I shifted forward and attacked. I tried remembering everything that Hook and Felix had taught me. It all came rushing back to me and I somehow miraculously managed to distract Devin and made him lose him hand on his sword. He quickly tried to reach for it, but I immediately placed my foot down on it, preventing him from getting it. I smiled when I realized I had won this round. Cheers surrounded us and I grinned.

"Well done, princess. But you still have one more round to go." Pan said from behind me. I turned to him and nodded.

"Ok."

I turned back to Devin. He looked angry. I smirked.

"Sad you got beaten down by a girl? And a princess!" I said, amused. He growled at me and I scowled.

"Sword fight!" Pan yelled and a whistle was heard, starting me and Devin's final round.

I lunged forward first, but didn't attack. He circled around with me and then finally he did a double attack. I swiftly blocked both his attacks and shifted legs and I went forward. As he did an under arm attack I made a huge mistake.

I used the wrong leg to go forward.

He kicked my leg and I instantly went tumbling down to the ground. I gasped and cried in pain as I suddenly felt a sharp pain hit my back. Bloody hell, I landed on a sharp rock.

I screamed from the pain.

"Adeline!" Pan's British voice echoed. He rushed next to me and held me by my back. I groaned in pain as I couldn't help but feel an aching pain on my upper back.

"Hold on, love! Please, turn over so I can see your wound!" I nodded slowly and he helped me as I slowly laid on my stomach. I closed my eyes to try to ease the pain. I suddenly felt Pan's hand hover over my wound. I felt a familiar tingle.

The tingle of magic.

The pain suddenly left my skin. It disappeared and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. I took a deep breath and let it go. I coughed and looked up to meet Peter's gaze.

"Are you ok, love?" He asked rapidly. I nodded and took rapid breaths.

"I'm fine, Peter, really." I managed to spit out. He sighed in relief and smoothed my hair. He suddenly smiled and smirked. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?"

"That's the first time you've ever called me Peter."