Chapter 9

Chapter 9: The Strange Ocean

Adeline Mills

I never thought I would be jumping off a 23 feet cliff into the cold, freezing ocean. Nothing is worse than having a demon boy chase you, wanting you to become his queen.

It's too early in the morning for this shit.

As soon as my body hit the freezing ocean, I clammed my eyes shut and tried to ignore the pinching of the cold. Bubbles left my sinking body as I looked up and slowly opened my eyes. Under water training has pulled off.

I saw Pan flying over me. I mentally squealed and sunk deeper. He doesn't seem to see me. I mentally high fived myself and began to swim away.

I only got about 5 feet far before the oceans current picked up. I internally screamed as I lost control of my actions. The ocean began to spin and at first I thought it was just my vision. I pushed myself to get above surface and once I did, I accepted the lovely, much needed air.

"Oh bloody hell." I suddenly said as I realized what was happening.

Really? A fucking whirlpool?

I screamed and began my struggle against the current. Salty, ocean water filled my mouth and entered my nose. My nose began to sting and I ended up choking on the water.

"No! Help!" I screamed as I am completely submerged by the sea.  

And I'm sucked down into the deep, deep ocean.

~

Something felt off. As soon as the ocean calmed down I burst through the surface and broke into a coughing fit. I squinted around and panted. I saw a rock sticking out of the ocean and swim to it rapidly.

I climbed onto the rock and breathed heavily as I sat down. I turned my head and sighed happily as I saw a wondrous sight.

"Oh god, land!" I exclaimed to myself as I saw a landscape. I felt happiness and excitement rose in me. I jumped into the sea again and began to swim and then finally felt the tide pool at my feet. I dragged my feet through the water and smiled brightly as the soft sand began to pinch at my legs. I reached the beach and lied down on my back and tried to relax my rapid beating heart. Once my heart rate is back to its normal beating, I opened my eyes and stood up to my aching legs.

Now this isn't familiar.

I looked around and frowned. I saw mountains with snow on them, a forest not far, and a very rocky looking place. I looked down and saw the dark sand sticking to my damp clothes and skin. I gasped as white, fluffy cold things began to fall from the sky. The cold now was biting at my wet skin. I then realized Camelot doesn't have snow.

Where the hell am I?

Robin Hood

"FIND ME MY DAUGHTER, YOU PATHETIC WORMS! FIND ME MY DAUGHTER!" I watched as Zelena yelled at every single helper in the castle to find Adeline. I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration.

When the strange cloud of magic swept over us, we expected a curse of some sort. But it didn't do anything. When the magic dissolved away, we couldn't find Adeline.

"Bloody hell, this is all your fault!" Zelena yelled at Hook. He groaned and stomped his feet like a toddler.

"I told her to run into the woods! I didn't know what that stuff was and I knew you would panic if something happened to her."

"Something did happen! She's missing! What if that monster finds her before I do?!" Zelena screamed Hook just shrugged, not knowing.

Zelena had fury in her eyes.

"Calm down. We'll send the guards out on a search of the entire forest. They'll find her." I said and Zelena seemed to calm down a bit. Killian turned to me and thanked me with his eyes.

"Guards! Into the woods! Find me Adeline Mills!"

Adeline Mills

To say I was scared and confused, was an understatement.

I was terrified and confused.

"Hello?"

Nothing.

I sighed and tried to move in my wet, now stiff clothes. The snow was falling faster and thicker. I could feel my teeth chattering uncontrollably. A sudden tinkle dropped off on my leg and when I looked down, blood covered the entire lower part of my leg. A high whine escaped my lips as more blood began to pour out of my wound. Blood wasn't my favorite thing in the world. The mere thought of it made my head spin. I attempted to lift my body off the floor, only to fall on my ass again. I cried out in pain and clutched into my leg. It was clear I needed a patch up my injury soon. I ripped the bottom of my shirt off and began to wrap my leg. After I knotted the ends I stood up again with a light struggle.

The snow made it incredibly difficult to walk, the floors all uneven.

I gasped in pain when I once again fell to the ground and this time, I knew I couldn't get up without any help.

"Please, someone." I sobbed, this time a bit softer. My eyes dropped with no energy and I could feel my conscious slipping away.

And I blacked out.

~

"Adeline?"

I groaned as a voice broke through my sleep. I turned to my side and attempted to sleep again.

Only to be awakened by the voice again.

"Adeline! Wake up." My eyes then snapped open and I sat up with a sudden start. My surroundings have changed from the cold winter forest, to a warm hut like house. It was definitely bigger than a hut but it did have a warm feeling. A fire was on, letting the warmth roast off on us.

"You OK?" I turned towards the voice and my heart nearly burst with joy.

"Hiccup!" I pulled him into a hug with a bright smile. I definitely did not regret dancing with him.

"You OK, Addy?"

"Yes. Did you heal my wound?" I asked softly.

"Yeah. It was a nasty one, but the Healer gave me a medicine that completely healed it. You should be able to properly walk again by the afternoon." He said.

"Thank you." I whispered. He nodded and sat down on the bed, near my feet.

"Addy, how did you even get here?" He asked. I shrugged and sighed.

"I don't know. I was cornered by a cloud of magic that Pan caused and I was on a cliff. And right before he could get me, I jumped off into the ocean. And then I began to swim but a whirlpool sucked me in and now, here I am." I said. Hiccup's face turned serious and he narrowed his eyes.

"What color was the cloud of magic?"

"Green. Why?"

"Before I found you, a huge torpedo was going over the ocean. It darkened the sky's but it only lasted for about 3 minutes before it cleared out." He said and I frowned.

"Hiccup... where exactly are we?" I asked. He smiled widely and stuck his chest out proudly.

"M'lady, you are in Berk! Home of the dragons!"